Hello

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
AM407
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Hello

Post by AM407 »

Been lurking here for a while, but as a dual-sporter (KTM 690E) I figured it best to keep a low profile. :D Well, after a year of wrestling the beast through McLean singletrack, I figure it's about time to say hi.

I used to do a fair bit of riding in the Okanagan and Vancouver Island on a KDX200, but had been out of the sport for almost 20 years until I picked up the KTM in the spring of '08. I thought we had some nice terrain out there, but I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of quality singletrack at McLean. Even after riding there for a year, it seems like every weekend my wife and I (she rides a KX100) discover a new favourite trail.

Seeing as how we have no idea where we're going, I've been a little concerned that some day we'll wind up in the middle of some heinous cliff with no easy way out, but so far so good (now that I've said that, I'll probably get my *** kicked this weekend :eek: ). Anyway, we've just bought a family membership and I hope to tag along on some of the slower group rides next season - I'm sure there's way more to discover.

And a big thanks to that trail crew we ran into a couple of weekends ago - awesome job on that boardwalk over the marsh! :thumbsup:

Andrew

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Hello

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Welcome to the RMDRA Andrew!

Glad to see ya decided our sport is one worth supporting!

D.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

Welcome aboard, there is a place here for anybody on two wheels. :applause:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Welcome aboard! Look forward to meeting you one day. Have fun out there!

Hammer
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Hammer »

Welcome. You joined a great bunch of people. :cheers:
Hammer
Create->Maintain->Reclaim

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

Welcome
I was one of the bridge builders you ran into. Thanks for joining and we hope to see you out for some of the group rides.
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992