Greetings all

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
luckykiwi
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings all

Post by luckykiwi »

Hi all:

i have been to a few meeting and have learned a ton,very informative & friendly , brought my 11yr old to the AGM ,,life experience for as he suggested we join. I am riding again after 30yrs so its a big curve , got a KLX450R (used) so having fun: not a racing guy just like bush riding, as i grew up in New Zealand.
We, my son ( rides YZ85) were just down at Lake Koocanusa , Can & US sides,, had a ton of fun on the sands flat near eureka. good place to learn again soft landings,,,,(stay below the high water lines)

One question i have a GPS and was told you can down load maps of McLean & waiprus,, where are these located on the club website.
Cheers
Mike & Matthew
KTM 300,
YZ250F,
Teryx 700,
& more toys, the boys need more toys.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Greetings all

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome Mike,

The downloadable maps are supposed to be available from SRD in the future. Check on the web site. Click the Home link above and then the Links page. You will find the direct links to the SRD web pages for McLean and Waiparous on that page.

:cheers:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Correction. The Ghost map is available on the SRD's Ghost web page right now. Downloading.......... :D

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Greeting right back at you our new Kiwi friend. What part of New Zealand are ya from?

Bushwagon
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bushwagon »

Mike and Matt, good to see you joined the forums. I enjoyed talking to both of you at the meetings. Hope to see you out there.

Cheers,
Elwyn E
#221 30b
'18 350 XC

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

Hi Mike
Welcome and glad to see you got on to the forum.
I did not realize we had the same bike. There are a bunch of us in town that are going to hook up for a ride and swap setup stories. Drop me a note if you like.

J
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

luckykiwi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by luckykiwi »

Thanx

Guys thanks for the very warm welcome,, its great when you are welcomed in such a nice way,,,

I grew up in Queenstown, then Christchurch in NZ, stopping riding to race Jet boats (river racing) forgot how much fun this really is. Been here for 20yrs so this is home...

As for riding this weekend my son is in a hockey tournament,,, thanks for the offer this klx 450 is fun and scary for an old fat guy as my son calls me..

Still the best way i have found to lose weight and gain free time
KTM 300,
YZ250F,
Teryx 700,
& more toys, the boys need more toys.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Spent a night in a park in Christchurch, trying to figure out how I was going to see NZ on the $200 bucks I had left to my name.... figured it out and had a great time.... that was in '85 if I remember right! anyway welcome to the club.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS