KTM forum newbie

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
qman11
2023 RMDRA Member
2023 RMDRA Member

KTM forum newbie

Post by qman11 »

Hi, I’m Quintin and I am 12 years old. I am new to the forum but have been a member for a couple of years. I fell in love with dirt biking ever since we took my mom to an Arenacross race on her birthday in 2000.I am the reason my family rides, including my mom. I’ve ridden since I was 6 and learn’t on a Suzuki JR50, my next bike was a pw80 which my dad says I rode the wheels off of, and now I‘m on a KTM 65SX. I did my first off road race last year in August, cause I thought it was time to try one even though I race every Tuesday at Wild Rose MX Park in Calgary. My favorite places to ride are the trails at Fallen Timber Area, and the Ghost Area. I love riding cause its one of those things I love to do.
I love riding and have ridden with several RMDRA members such as:
- My brother Josh (joshman17)
- My dad
- Uncle Jamie (Rackman) who is also my track racing coach
- Scott (250scott) my riding buddy
- Dave (WRDave)
- Dave (Dirtyboy)
- Big Gord (Hammer)
- Lisa and Doug (Dirttv & Dirtgirl)
- Chuck and Jody (not sure of their user names) who helped me get a 6th place at my first hare scramble race at Fallen Timber last summer, and several other riders that I don’t know the names of. My favorite off road racers are myself, Dave Knight, Shane Watts, and Marty (the party) Halmazna. My favorite track racers are James (Bubba) Stewart, Michael Willard and anyone who rides a KTM. I’ve gone on one guided ride at McLean Creek where some boulders were so big 250scott had to carry my bike over them. I plan on doing more guided rides and races this year. I also hope to grow this year so my Dad can ride my new 105SX (thanks dad). Last year during the camp out at Fallen Timber I got to lead the some of the ladies on a guided ride through the trails which I want to do again this year. But this time I promise not to loose them by going to fast.I would like to thank Dave Sheridan (Dirtyboy) for going through all the legal papers and stuff to let me on to the forum. Thank you RMDRA!!! I hope to see more junior riders on the forum.
:thumbsup:
Thanks,
Qman11
Last edited by qman11 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: KTM forum newbie

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome Qman!

Thanks for taking the time to write up a great introduction. I noticed you were at the meeting last Thursday and I hope you become a regular there. Maybe you can keep your Dad in line a little bit. :D

My favorite ride is Jeremy McGrath (I must be old), and Chad Reed (maybe because he rode the blue bikes like Jeremy did for a while). Did you see the crash they (Bubba and Reed) did at A1? That was amazing racing.

:cheers:

PS. We use our "aliases" instead of our real names to protect the innocent. :smirk: :D

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

Great Introduction, I would have to say my favourite riders would be Marty and David knight as well. Looking forward to seeing you out on the trails. Not to long I hope to the snow melts.

Cheers,

Rogue
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Welcome to the forum Quinton, hopefully you can get out a few more times this summer with the guided ride groups. We'll work on Dad for the bigger bike. :applause: WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Hey Qman11,

Great to see you on the forum. Perhaps you would be interested in leading a kids guided ride. Might be fun for some other kids to see how well you ride.

Of course you would need a bigger bike (right dad) :thumbsup: \
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Hi Quin
Great to see you on the forum,I met you a couple of times last year & could tell how much you enjoy riding.As your brother Josh is always the youngest one out to our trail maintenance projects,I'm sure it won't be long before Dad has you out there as well.Hope you have a great season this year. :thumbsup:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Quin....fantastic introduction post :applause:

Way to take the lead with the junior members and setting such an outstanding example, putting to words WHY it is we ALL LOVE TO RIDE.

:thumbsup:

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

Hey Quint Buddy, I was wondering when you'd get on the forum. Tell your dad your big enough to ride the 105 and he should get you one before the season starts. Two things-if you're big enough to pick the bike up you're big enough to ride it, you can always find a way to get on it, and second if you never fall, you only need to get on it once. Also, I'm hoping bigger bike means bigger tires and bigger rocks you can get over, therefore less carrying for me.

Now quit playing on the computer and get back to studying.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Hi Quintin! Welcome to the forum. See you on the trails this summer :thumbsup:

Chuck

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

welcome aboard Qmann. Looking forward to seeing you at a few more races this summer.

Tell your dad to quit being so cheap and just buy the new bike already. He has more bike than he can handle, why shouldn't you? :)

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

Welcome Qman
Just remember to not follow your dad too close..... unless you have your water wings on! :D :applause:
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

You can not be 11.
You spell correctly.
You have sentence structure.
You use complete words.
And you paragraph nicely.

Welcome :)
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

qman11
2023 RMDRA Member
2023 RMDRA Member

Post by qman11 »

I am so happy, now everyone can stop harrasing my dad including me about getting a new bike. I am now the owner of a 2007 KTM 105SX, thanks everyone for the help harrinsing my dad.
-Qman11
Ride Hard or Go Home

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

WOW I wonder if that would work for my me when I want a new bike? :lol: Nice work Dad. :applause: Can't wait to see you on the trails Qman, Braap!! :thumbsup: Hope to see some pics of your new ride.

Cheers, :cheers:

Rogue
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Wow, nice work (nice bike)..Congrats Qman.. :D
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F