nOOb on the scene

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
avgjoe

nOOb on the scene

Post by avgjoe »

Just sayin hey. I ride a 2006 CRF250R that I have farkled up to make it a bush legal bike, and I ride in Burnt Timber.

In the last 6 months they have gone in and logged a whole section of land right by the Red Deer River. They wrecked the campsite we have been using for the last 12 years, but I can't ride my dirt bike up the cut line because its "not on the map"... :crazy:

So that's why I'm here, they pissed me off enough for me to get off my butt and do something. I've heard this is where the people are that things get done.

How can I help?
'06 CRF250R
-Flatland rad gaurds and skid plate
-CRF-X number plate with headlight
- " tail light
-PMB spark arrestors w/turn downs

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Re: nOOb on the scene

Post by steve-o »

avgjoe wrote:Just sayin hey. I ride a 2006 CRF250R that I have farkled up to make it a bush legal bike, and I ride in Burnt Timber.

In the last 6 months they have gone in and logged a whole section of land right by the Red Deer River. They wrecked the campsite we have been using for the last 12 years, but I can't ride my dirt bike up the cut line because its "not on the map"... :crazy:

So that's why I'm here, they pissed me off enough for me to get off my butt and do something. I've heard this is where the people are that things get done.

How can I help?
Hey Average Joe!! Welcome to the board!! You can help by joining the club and getting involved. Tons of members here put in alot of time maintaining trails and raising public awarness!!

You can join and become our newest member by clicking on the 'join' section on the top right of this page. Why don't you try to drop in to our next meeting too. They are held the first Thursday of every month. That info is also posted on the site too!

Look forward to meeting you some day!

avgjoe

Post by avgjoe »

I became a member just before the holidays. Just never got around to signing up here.
'06 CRF250R
-Flatland rad gaurds and skid plate
-CRF-X number plate with headlight
- " tail light
-PMB spark arrestors w/turn downs

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

avgjoe wrote:I became a member just before the holidays. Just never got around to signing up here.
AWESOME! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

From one newbie to another, welcome to the site.

There are a lot of great people here and they are all very helpful.

Talk to Trailguy about mapping, he seems to be the man when it comes to that kinda stuff. I believe there is also a club meeting coming up next week that you should try to attend.
The voices are back. Awesome!

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

Welcome to the club, there are allot of dedicated people here. FYI their is a meeting for the Ghost stewardship this Monday February 03 if you are interested. This a group of volunteers who are working on the trail system in the Ghost FLUZ. It is a long and involved process but we are getting closer than ever to getting single track back on the map. This meeting is open to anyone who would like to get involved. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers, :applause:

Rogue
Last edited by rogue on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Thanks for not only signing up , but joining the club as well Kev. The $50 is well spent on all the benefits the club has to offer and it shows the gov. bean counters that your serious about preserving the trails around here. Good on Ya -- WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Welcome to the club. You may be interested in checking out Land Advocacy - McLean update that I've posted. :cheers: