New Calgary Rider

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Geolander
User
User

New Calgary Rider

Post by Geolander »

Hi All,

I moved to Calgary in May 2007, and I got into dual sport riding. I had a KTM640 Adventure for the past year or so and really enjoyed riding on the backroads in the mountains and going on a few longer trips. I have always wanted to get into more serious trail riding so I sold my KTM640, and bought a used YZ450F. The YZ is over 100 lbs. lighter, which will be a welcomed change on the trails.

I am looking for people to go riding with me. I live in the west end of Calgary, and I can be at McLean in about 45 mins., so I think that will be my go to site on the weekends. My offroad experience is limited to two days on the YZ on moderately challenging terrain, and thousands of miles of dirt roads on the BIG KTM. I would like to find some people at a similar level (Beginner - Intermediate) to go out with and build up my experience level. I'll be heading out to McLean Creek this Saturday morning. (Sept 6)

This looks like a great forum, and I'm looking forward to getting to know some members.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New Calgary Rider

Post by dirtyboy »

I'm glad you got your account set up and are able to post. Welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Re: New Calgary Rider

Post by rogue »

Welcome aboard, this is a great place to keep up on what's happening and to post your riding plans.
See you out there.

Rogue
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "