New to RMDRA

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
CDNRXVER
User
User

New to RMDRA

Post by CDNRXVER »

HI all, I have signed on to the message board and made the decision to join RMDRA, soley because I ran into this fellow named Claude who was out cutting blowdown out of the way on Saturday with another fellow who's name I forgot(sorry, )
Seems to me the RMDRA is a good club to be a part of with members out keeping the trails in good shape, so it only seems right that I join and dedicate 1 or 2 days a year to helping to maintain the trails.
I'm an EX roadracer, and in my 2nd year of offraod riding and really enjoying it a ton.
I will make the next club meeting and plunk my 50 bones down.
Look forward to meeting new people that do it in the dirt.

Cody

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Re: New to RMDRA

Post by WR_Dave »

Good to have you on board Cody, Cladoo is one of our best ambassadors. :thumbsup: :applause: WR Dave

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

When were you roadracing Cody? I did for a few years about (omg - I just thought about HOW long ago it was...) 16-18 years ago... I still keep in touch with a few buddies who also road raced. My bike number was 24 back then, which is the main reason why it's 24 now. (only back then the black on white didn't mean "vet"!) :D

Derek Radomski :cheers:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

Hey Cody,
That was me you meet with Claude, names Calvin. Glad to see you found the site, their are a lot of great people here. See you at the next meeting.

Cheers :cheers:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Welcome, I look forward to seeing you at the June 12th meeting. We have an exciting guest speaker that is going to put on a demonstration that we will all find extremely useful!

And, yes Claude is one of the founding members of this great club and you were extremely lucky to have met up with him. Unless he is off the bike with tools in hand you rarely get a chance to talk to him on the trails as you are trying your best to keep up :thumbsup:

CDNRXVER
User
User

Post by CDNRXVER »

Sorry Calvin, glad you caught my post here.
I raced here for the past 6 years number was 77, I may go back, but it looks doubtful given how much more economical and fun offroad is and the fact Calgary may not have a track much longer.
Claude and Calvin sealed the deal with the club information and I look forward to the next meeting............

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Hey Cody glad to see you found the website! I forgot to ask you and Martin how the trails were before you caught up to us on Barwell. If I remember you had said you rode First and Second Ridge. Was there any blowdown to clean up? Any info would help us with organizing the trail cleanup. Hope to see you out a meeting and on the trials. By the way to everyone these two guys, Cody and Martin ,were riding 450 Aprillia's! I bet your going to change those back tires eh guys!
Claude

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

I rode some of Barwell last night. I could see the evidence of your work Claude & company and thanks a bunch. There is still more work to be done to get the flow going again in a few spots, but it's passable at least for now. We moved a few logs and cut one out of the way, we'll get there yet. One of these days I'll get out riding and it won't be raining!

CDNRXVER
User
User

Post by CDNRXVER »

Hey Claude, there was a bit on second ridge that could be cleaned up. I would be able to do some cutting on Monday night if you can hook me up with a saw.
A riding partner for that night would be good too.
And yes the rear tire has allready been taken off, I'm going to try a dirt shark next and see how it performs, the stock tire is just brutal, however aside from that the bike performs awesome......
Let me know if you can hook me up with a saw and a partner.

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

I'm available to clear some trail monday-I don't have a saw though.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

twotired wrote:I'm available to clear some trail monday-I don't have a saw though.
Twotired - are you a pilot also?

CDNRXVER
User
User

Post by CDNRXVER »

Hey claude can you hook me and Derek up with a saw for Monday night ?
Give me a shout and we can chat 510-1561

Cody out

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

crazy2wheeler wrote:
twotired wrote:I'm available to clear some trail monday-I don't have a saw though.
Twotired - are you a pilot also?
No-I follow Howard around and fix what he breaks! :D

Cody I think you meant to ask Claude if he could hook you
and me up with a saw for monday. Oh yah-welcome to the club!
Shawn
Last edited by twotired on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

CDNRXVER wrote:Hey claude can you hook me and Derek up with a saw for Monday night ?

Cody out
I will see if I can get a saw from the club.
Claude

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

CDNRXVER wrote:Hey claude can you hook me and Derek up with a saw for Monday night ?

Cody out
Ummm.. is that me Derek - or a different one? I have a chain saw, but I'm generally working on Monday evenings...