I met the crazy Canadians at Erzberg

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
nacnac

I met the crazy Canadians at Erzberg

Post by nacnac »

Hi there. I am from South Africa and went to Erzberg last week. I met a lot of people and a most of the top riders in the world, but the ones that impressed me most were the Canadians!! I met Marty Halmazna, Clint Riviere, George Halmazna and Doug from DIRTTV. These guys were F@#$ING A (a Canadian saying they taught me :applause: ) I have never seen people that are so passionate and patriotic about their country. It was go CANADA all the way. They had flags on everything they wore, on the bikes and stock on there rental car. They promoted Canada all the time. It was good to see people that care so much. Marty gave me one of his shirts from Red Bull Last Man Standing, which was really cool. Clint was a cool gu to chat to and Doug and George filmed and photographed everything that moved. This is just to let all the Canadian dirtbikers know that these guys did you proud and it was an honour to meet them.

Cheers - Erwin
PS! Those Jagermeisters and beers went down well :D :D :D :D

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Thanks for letting us know! They are some great guys and they represent us sooo well! We're stoked about their fabulous results - they work hard! Congrats to yourself for putting in the effort to make it to that race as well!

Cheers! :cheers:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Canada Eh?!

Post by DirtGirl »

Erwin,
Doug is my husband....I hear there was a bit of naked table dancing going on!! I can't wait to see the pictures.
We would love to meet you guys some day if you ever decide you want to come for a visit!

Hope you had a good time at Erzberg!

The beach balls in the beer tent was my idea! LOL!

Lisa
:cheers: :canada:
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

Novo
Writer
Writer

Post by Novo »

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for the post, we are all proud of the team, their hard work and great results...on and off the course :applause:

Where in SA are you living and what's the riding like?

:cheers:

nacnac

Post by nacnac »

Lisa - Yep, the beer tent was wild, too many Jagermeisters went down and my friend Darryl made a name for himself. Doug filmed everything, so you can bet that the video is going to be wild.

Novo - I live in Johannesburg. I ride a '07 WR250F. The riding around here is mostly flat with some small mountains and technical stuff. If we head towards the coast we have some awesome mountain trails withy lots of technical stuff, so we basically have a bit of everything. Doug gave me a DVD of some Canadian areas and it looks great over there.

I will keep coming onto your forum to stay in touch.

Cheers :cheers:

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

canadians

Post by DirtGirl »

Looking forward to seeing the blackmail video!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Ive always wanted to go over to South Africa to ride... I flew a bunch of doctors (your countrymen and women) around northern canada for a couple of years.