If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
hfoley

Post by hfoley »

Hello all. I'm a new member. I moved to Cochrane about a year and half ago from northern Alberta (Slave Lake area) with my family. I am an avid quadder, which goes well with my other interests (camping, fishing, hunting). I have a 2002 Honda 400, with plans to get another smaller ATV for my daughter, now that she's old enough. I'm always interested in hearing about new places to quad.

I've also spent the last 15 years working in forestry and land-use planning. More recently, I've been involved in planning large transmission projects in Alberta. This includes working with regulatory agencies (ASRD, AENV, etc...) to coordinate approvals and agreements. I also coordinate large-scale public consultation programs for projects, which inludes things like open houses, mail-outs, and 1-on-1 negotiations. As you can imagine, transmission lines aren't exactly welcomed by most people, so the discussions can become quite heated. Something anyone involved in discussing quadding or dirt-biking with an envirnmentalist should be familiar with.

One of the main reasons I've joined is to become more involved and aware of the ever-present movements seeking to eliminate and reduce our areas to enjoy. I offer my services, such as they are, on this front.

I look forward to hearing from you and getting involved with the group. See you out there!

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Welcome and thanks for joining :applause: I think you will find the terrain around here a fair bit different from up around Slave Lake. I spend a bit of time up around Grand Prairie, Peace River ect when I was on the rigs....beautiful country, but I prefer Calgary!!!

Any plans to get on a 2 wheeled machine?

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

Welcome and thank you for offering some help with our pusuit of single track riding trail-land advocacy!- We could definitely use your help and advice. Would you be willing to meet with our executive and directors? :cheers:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

hfoley

Post by hfoley »

I'm planning on attending the April 25th meeting. Perhaps we can talk then. :-)

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Welcome aboard hfoley. It is awesome that you are out riding with your little girl. I can't wait until mine is old enough to pilot her first bike.

I am a land agent working primarily oil and gas and can assure you it is a lot different dealing with the Gov't from this end of the stick. That being said while trying to get all of my approvals in place for this years Hare Scramble race in Mclean I was amazed at how cooperative the government departments were and believe it or not they are capable of communicating amongst each other in a timely fashion without my begging :excuse: