Crazy2wheeler - about...

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Crazy2wheeler - about...

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Hey Dirtyboy, Mtnblue, thanks for the welcome - and I'm definately gonna make you guys lead me on a few rides. If I can remember anything, I might be able to show you a bit of single track!

Anyway, I'm gettin' old (33) but still pretty adventurous (SOME people call it reckless - but I don't agree!). I'm a CA (AND atypical of course) with a totally flexible work schedule - although it is pretty busy. I've got possibly the world's best golden retriever, and a brand new 300 EXC (in the garage) - although I'm waiting for some aftermarket stuff to arrive..

I live in SW Calgary (Oakridge), used to ride alot but haven't for about 5 years... In the past I've raced motos (highschool), roadraced (university), and raced cross-country's (mid 20's). I used to be pretty good, but it's been a long time! I've been wanting to get back into it for a few years (as well as get a sport bike again) but it's been a hard wait because I REALLY couldn't afford it, now it just can't afford it - so I said darn! and got a new bike! My first brand new dirt bike ever! (can ya tell I'm a little excited! anyway...)

I grew up in Calgary, started riding at about 10, have until 5 yrs ago always had at least 2 bikes (sport and dirt) rode Mclean and Ghost as soon as I was old enough to drive to get there...

I would like to race all of the cross country's and hare scrambles this year (I've counted 4 XC's and 12 HS's) - although I'm not sure about Chisholm and Long Island - depends how many of us can cram into a vehicle to share the gas! I'm hoping to do Porcupine on the long weekend - and I'm always looking for others to share driving/gas with! Usually I'll head up the day before to do a little riding, maybe pre-ride the course and camp.

Basically I plan on riding every weekend, and probably a little during the week also until the snow comes - and then maybe I'll get some trelleborgs or stud up some tires!

Anyway, let's ride! Post back here or mail me at: timtoolguy@hotmail.com

...and ps for all you 4 strokers and blue guys - what 2-stroke oil do ya like the smell of best?? :P :buttkick: lol!

Cheers!

Derek

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

33 :nopity: you got some catching up to do crazy2wheeler

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

I'll gain one more in August... close enough? lol! :blush:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

crazy2wheeler,

That's quite a write up. I haven't seen an autobiography on the board before. :smirk:

At least I won't have to worry about you in the vet class for 6 or 7 years.

I'll see you at Porky's :D

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

Blue Marble is one of the best 2-stroke oils today- Call Dennis at Two square auto- 571-3650 :banana:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Hmmm 33 eh and you ride a 2 smoke? Same age as me and you are living in Oakridge, the community where I grew up. Are you sure you aren't my alter ego? :D

ps. I can give you some alley routes of Oakridge where I used to ride hot laps on my CR80. :D
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!