Another one...

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
boarderchickdani

Another one...

Post by boarderchickdani »

HI!!!!
I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Danielle and I came upon biking very honestly. When I was about 7 years old my dad thought it would be a good idea to buy my brother and I a little Honda 50 so we could bike with him .... I fell in LOVE!! So I biked with my dad from 7 until I was 15... the last bike I had was a XR200R and LOVED IT!! Then the bad news came the we were moving from the country into town and all of us sold our bikes.
All through high school I remember talking about getting a bike again but that kinda conflicted with saving money for College. :blah: :blah: Anyways.... I just finished 4 years of post secondary, landed a good job and bought myself a CRF250X as a reward!!!! Woooo hoooo!! Took the bike out for the first time last Saturday (was a bit chilly, but WELL worth it). :banana: Needless to say, I am a bit rusty but dumping the new bike a few times will fix that... scratches give it character! Hahahaha if you can't tell by now I like to talk (typical female). Anyways I am looking forward to riding with some people and checking out the trails!!!
Chow :cheers:

glockoperator
Contributor
Contributor

Post by glockoperator »

I will say that is one catchy name :cool:
Supercharged Subaru Sambar for sale

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Hey Danielle - welcome to the club! There are quite a few girls in the club who ride and race... and who are really good riders. I'm sure you'll be getting skills back in no time - glad you are back on a bike again!

I expect to meet you at our meeting on February 7th - and you don't have to wait until then to sign up as a member as it can be done on-line also!

Cheers

D.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

welcome to the group and congrats on the new purchase.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Great intro, congrats on the new bike...great to see another newbie getting excited about riding!!

Please join us on Feb 7, Capitol Hill Community Center @ 7pm...and bring your Dad!!

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Welcome Boarderchickdani! I take it by your name you are a snowboarder also. Hope you can make the Feb 7th meeting.

Charles :cheers:

boarderchickdani

Post by boarderchickdani »

I'd love to come to the meeting on February 7th but that is my best friends 24th birthday. I can't back out considering we all ready have plans to go out on the town. :banghead: Are the meetings monthly... or how does that work? (I'm sure that I will have many questions along the way)
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Novo
Writer
Writer

Post by Novo »

Welcome, congrats on the new Job, Bike and steady cash flow to help support your found again sport! :applause:

Keep an I on the main website page for meeting updates.

The forum has lots of good info on setting up your bike and gear for back country riding in summer and winter along with lots of members who are happy to help out.
Sounds like you are keen to get going...you may want to consider studded tires for this time of year and some of the serious winter riders on the forum might pass on a set of slighty used ones for a good price! They can last a number of seasons and sure save on the body slams! :D