New Motorcycle Shop Supports Racers!

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
The FMC

New Motorcycle Shop Supports Racers!

Post by The FMC »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Shawn Toffan (CMRA #42); my wife Lesa and I are excited to announce that we are opening a new motorcycle shop in Drumheller, Alberta.

The Frankenstein Motorcycle Company, as it is named, is a dream come true for both of us. We have just finalized the purchase of an excellent facility right on main street in Drumheller, which boasts over 16,000sq/ft of indoor retail, shop and storage space. Preparations are now underway to meet our official opening target of May 2007.

I am a licensed motorcycle mechanic and have been working with motorcycles, ATV’s and sleds for almost 20 years. In that time, I have had the pleasure of being involved in many aspects of competitive motorsports, including motocross, snowcross, motorcycle and snowmobile drag racing, as both a rider and a tuner; and after moving to Alberta from Saskatchewan in 2004, I finally enjoyed my first season of road racing last year at Race City and cannot wait to get back at it! Both Lesa and I find it very exciting to be involved in the motorsports industry and look forward to doing what we can to help others enjoy it too. This year The Frankenstein Motorcycle Company will be sponsoring both the Superbike and Middleweight Superbike classes in the CMRA road racing series, and we are offering 15% off most parts and accessories to all racers holding a valid competition motorcycle license from an official sanctioning body. This applies to all forms of motorcycle competition, be it drags, road course, dirt, ice, freestyle, etc., in all regions across Canada. We will also knock 10% off for all non-competing race organization members and volunteers and an additional 5% off all parts installed by us.

Our physical location will not be open to the public for in-store shopping or service until May, but we will begin processing parts and accessory orders over the phone or through email in early March. Merchandise may be picked up at the store, or we can ship it anywhere our customers need it to go. We will have access to all popular aftermarket and OEM parts and products, and if there is something you are interested in but are having trouble finding, let us know and we’ll do our best to track it down.

The Frankenstein Motorcycle Company is also looking to sponsor individual Alberta racers and/or teams; we are specifically looking for, road racers (all skill levels), speed racers (Bonneville, Maxton), drag racers (sportbike machines), motocross racers and freestyle or stunt riders (street & off-road). Selected competitors will receive special pricing and support; please visit our web address www.thefmc.ca for our contact information, from there you can email us your race resume or call us and we’ll have a chat about racing…girl racers this means you too!

We are also accepting resumes for parts staff, mechanics and apprentices. Successful applicants will receive top dollar salaries (journeyman can expect $24-$32/hr), benefit options, all parts at cost, full access to shop for personal use (includes dyno, paint booth, welding equipment, etc.), relocation and housing assistance, a flexible work schedule and holidays. In return we are looking for confident, friendly, enthusiastic and capable staff that enjoy and take pride in their work. Preference will be given to those who wish to be involved in motorsport competitions and events as a racer, organizer or volunteer; or to those who bring with them such experience and expertise. Those of you with graphic art and fabrication abilities will also grab our attention.

Drumheller www.dinosaurvalley.com boasts a unique geographic environment (a dirt riders paradise), affordable housing, (both new and pre-owned), good schools, a modern health centre, organized sports, and tons of outdoor recreation (get those kids outside!). Over 400,000 tourists from all over the world visit each year, the local economy is booming and you won’t spend much time caught in big city traffic…but when you miss that, Calgary is just over an hour away (Red Deer 1½ hours, Edmonton 2½ hours)!

Again, to contact us just visit www.thefmc.ca we will be happy to hear from you.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Hi there Shawn and Lesa - thanks for the info.

Let me be the first on the forum to say congratulations on the new venture and I hope it is fantasticly successful for you!

Cheers, Derek.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome. We don't usually allow posts that are like advertisements, however since you are so supportive of racers, and I believe that many of our members may be able to take advantage of your offers, I will allow this post in the Introductions area. The Introductions forum is very well read.

I personally want to wish you the success with your new venture. All the best!

If you ever feel like advertising on our website, a link to all the information is listed in my signature.

:cheers:

On a personal note, we'll talk soon about some special parts I've been wanting to order. :devil: