another old, slightly hungover newbie

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
barkmuncher

another old, slightly hungover newbie

Post by barkmuncher »

Hello all! This is a good day for this. lotsa suds and benchracing last nite. Think I re-arranged my DNA structure last nite,again. Better not work on gasser today; Spanish design demands clear head; maybe renos to house? Wife reading this; she's nervous; dog has already gone into hiding. Maclean Creek, Ghost/Waiprous ROCKS!!!! Only been there once but will return; gotta score to settle with the old trail at Maclean; cladoo knows.

Later

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

The old trail. That's a technical trail. I've got a score to settle with that trail as well. I haven't been back since I was on blue 4 stroke. Thanks for the reminder........

Tell us about your gasser. Is it a 4 stroke?

barkmuncher

Post by barkmuncher »

Nope; 06 EC300. The first true "woods bike" that I have owned and am really liking it. I find it nimble. comfortable and turns on a dime. Could use a steering damper though; it's headshake is way worse than a steel framed CR Honda or Suzi 2 stroke. Nice and light; big plus when I screw up on the side of a hill, usually pointed in the wrong direction. Doesn't have the fit/finish of a jap bike; can't speak for the orange ones as I've never owned or wrenched; but it's not a big deal. Lots of nice stuff come stock on these bikes. Came with all the brake lights/horn/ mirrors/ turn signals/ etc., fully street legal. Borrowed the plate off the neighbors hog when I got it home and proceded to have some fun. If you get a chance to try one, check it out.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Another guy around here rides an '06 EC300. He doesn't frequent the forum but I ride with him from time to time. His is blue.

That's a great bike for conquering "the old trail". I'd like to try it on my 250 sometime. :D Something about a challenge that I almost made. I want to clean that trail one day. :hyper:

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Sounds like you had too many wobbly pops! I can't wait to ride with you guys again, maybe Moab in April?
Claude
Claude

barkmuncher

Post by barkmuncher »

I'd love to do Moab but just can't this spring but you will definitly see me back in Alta and hopefully more than once. BTW Claude, Kim and Danny W. said to say hello! :)

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I may be coming to MB soon. Say hi to all the guys, Don.
Claude

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

Welcome- how about coming to our meeting on Feb 7- good times-good people:banana:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

barkmuncher

Post by barkmuncher »

Thanks for the offer. I'd luv to but it would be hard to make it to work the next day cuz it's a 13 hr drive and I'd wind up looking like this- :crazy: