Old Newbie

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Old Newbie

Post by BackInAction »

Howdy Crew!

I'm a past rider and organizer who's been out of the action for far too long. Glad to be touching the two-wheeled hardware again and talking to real riders.

Earlier in 2006, I bought my first bike since 1987. I wanted a Husaberg, but I had to settle for a bit of a wussy DRZ400S dual-sport. Thanks to Dave French at A&E, and numerous other contacts on the Husaberg UHE & Thumpertalk websites, for helping me restoke the fire.

Needless to say, even for a guy who hasn't been on a starting line of any kind since the early 80's...the bike is a bit weak. As I tweak it into shape to be a properly...umm, responsive....dirt bike that is still street-legal, I'll be sure to keep my ear on the pipe and keep the new ride in line with noise guidelines.

I just joined the RMDRA on-line today after tripping over the club booth at the bike show in Calgary last Friday. I had a brief, but great, chat with Jarod (spelling?) Thomas and another cool guy (apology for memory fade re: name). I watched the video that actually had some of the mutts I used to ride with footing their way across the screen. I took the brochure. It's good to be home.

In the coming years, I hope to be able to help with effort to keep trails and riding areas open as well as getting my lard encrusted *** back out there to enjoy them....and perhaps kick some old fart butt here and there along the way as well.

My old crew are all out of the Medicine Hat crowd with a smattering of old buddies from the Lethbridge area. Man, have I missed roosting on them!!

Looking forward to hitting the hills, making some new friends and clearing some trails. All way overdue. :cheers:

stubble_jumper16
Journalist
Journalist

Post by stubble_jumper16 »

Welcome aboard!

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Welcome to the club! Lots of great people on here to hook up for rides with and to learn from. Enjoy! :applause:

Cheers,
:cheers: