Adrenaline Junky...Hello!

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Jayblue777

Adrenaline Junky...Hello!

Post by Jayblue777 »

Hello all,

Kind of a bad time to join, with all of the snow and cold weather but why not take the plunge! :newbie:

I am a 35 year old "former" Adrenaline Junky from the world of Steet Bikes that has calmed down a little and cant wait to have some fun in the bush...again! Had a RM 250 2-stroker 10 years ago (loved it) and drove it like a madman, the bike didn't last nor my body after some pretty nasty high flying wipeouts! :blush: Taking a much more "level headed" approach this time as scaring the h*ll out of your self enough will help you mature very quickly, not to mention I actually have to make it to work to pay for the mortgage. Unless I can find a rich woman...hhhmmmm!!!!

Bought a 06 CRF 450X, probably too much bike for me (right now) but I tip the scales anywhere from 225-250lbs so I need a few extra horsey's to get me around. Not to mention I tend to get board of things quickly and this bike, I'm sure, I can grow into (ability wise) and probably never get board of. I already scared the s*%t out of myself and I was on a "break in" ride...go figure!

Was out at McLean Creek a few times breaking the bike in but hope to get out more in the spring/summer time and I hope to meet all of you for some good offroad riding! :cheers:

Jason :canada:
Attachments
Got it dirty...what a shame!
Got it dirty...what a shame!
2006CRF450X 020 (WinCE).jpg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 535 times

glockoperator
Contributor
Contributor

Post by glockoperator »

Welcome aboard.
Supercharged Subaru Sambar for sale

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Keep an eye on the sportsman rides section, it's a good way to break back in, learn some trails and find riding partners. Good Luck with the CRF and enjoy the RMDRA. WR Dave :cool:
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

Hammer
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Hammer »

Welcome to RMDRA :cheers:
You've found a good group to get back into the sport with. RMDRA has all classes of riders and with the Sportman's Ride group you'll find enough excitement to challenge your re-intro to the sport. There are also lots of other great people to ride with. On the CRF450x, while I weigh in at your upper range I too chose a big 4 stroker and haven't looked back.
See you at the Dec 6 RMDRA meeting.
Hammer
Create->Maintain->Reclaim

Jayblue777

Post by Jayblue777 »

Thanks for the advise! Out of town with work on Dec 06 but hopefully I can make the next meeting.