i jumped the gun

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

i jumped the gun

Post by Spinalguy »

Hi all,
i jumped the gun by posting on the Land Advocacy forum first....ooops
i am addicted to riding.
i downhill mountain bike.
i also have a 'big' jeep. It was my jeep adventures that got me thinking to how much fun could be had on a motorbike on the same trails.
i bought a KTM 300EXC. Amazingly it was street legal (Austrailian version). Unfortunately the 80 km gas range was not street friendly. Nor was the 2 stroke......too loud, not good for image.
i raced at Blackfoot 13 times and always battled for the bottom 5 positions. Than i headed to the mountains. i have modded the bike to be set up for the bush, skids, protection, gears, tires, etc.
i have over 300 kms of single track mapped out in my mind at Maclean. i can be found there on Thurdays and Saturdays. i know of so many 20km and 40km loops. i usually ride alone.....i know, i know......
:bonk:

i can't wait for this season to begin.

Tom :cheers:
Last edited by Spinalguy on Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

welcome Tom,

A few of my friends have 300 EXC bikes and they work really good.

I drive a Yamaha WR250F. Little bike.....

Come to a race. You will be addicted and meet lot's of bikers.

:cheers:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Thanks
i am definitely racing this year. i am not sure if it will be May 1st though.
Tom
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Always good to have another 300EXC around, looking forward to seeing you and get out and go for a ride.
Claude

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I too saw the greener pastures and jumped ship on my Bow Tie Bogger for the feel of a KTM in my hands :applause:

Welcome, now let's get some miles on that thing.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Nice....thanks!

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Welcome Spinal Guy,

I to used to be a Offroader, but switched for the sake of saving money on parts and travelling a lil faster (But not much, eh Dobi?). I am also very new to the sport with a little better than half a season on the dirtbike. Never ridden before. I am having lots of fun learning though! Gonna try the racing thing this year too.

If I remember correctly I have actually offroader with you before. This was when you had your previous TJ. A few years back now.

My work hours are a wee bit insane, so I end up riding during the week all over the place, so if I am going in during the weekdays and it happens to be a thursday I'll drop you a line and you can show smoe of those 300 cliks of single track!

Glenn.
2002 KTM 250EXC
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"