New to RMDR's

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
jaedueck
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

New to RMDR's

Post by jaedueck »

I've just returned from working overseas for the past 5 years. I've been riding a while but just getting my kids into it. Bought myself a KTM 250 EXC-F and the kids a xr70r and crf150f.

It is great to see the development of single track while I've been away. I'm looking forward to checking it out. I used to ride a XR650R so the 250 should be a welcome improvement on the single track...

I was hoping to get the kids out to McLean Creek tomorrow but after insuring the bikes today, chasing down 2 bill of sales I went to the Registry office to find out all Registry offices in Alberta are closed today till Tuesday due to some system upgrade. I was wondering if I show up at McLean Creek tomorrow with the 3 bikes, can I expect to be hassled. I have insurance for the 2 small bikes and mine is fine (plated and insured). Just don't have plates for the 2 small bikes.

Second question is if someone can provide advice on trails with the kids. They are doing well already but I don't want to take them on anything that may get us in trouble...

I'm hoping to get out soon to help with a trail maintenance day. One question I had is if folks bring their kids. Mine are 10 and 12 and are keen to help as well.... :)

Jae

BenTheHuskyRider
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New to RMDR's

Post by BenTheHuskyRider »

Hi Jae.

I wouldn’t recommend riding without the plates.

You may want to consider taking your kids to Waiparous. There are a lot of excellent places for the kids to start with, where you’ll have less mud and other challenges to contend with.

-Ben