Advanced rides on club nights?

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Onzalimey

Advanced rides on club nights?

Post by Onzalimey »

I’m new to this group and have heard about the Wednesday night rides. I have heard it’s usually a beginner and intermediate ride? I’m not sure what level the intermediate ride is or what an advanced ride is but I would be interested to join in on a more advanced one depending how advanced it really is? Basically wondering how often the advanced rides happen or what would consider it this way. Thanks :)

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Advanced rides on club nights?

Post by 350scott »

If it's not clear, to attend a guided club night ride you need to be a RMDRA member.

There is an advanced ride planned for every club night. On busy nights there are typically multiple advanced groups. The level varies from week to week, particularly early in the season as new members figure out where their skill level really measures up. As for the level, the easiest way to describe the level is in the terms of racing classes. The riders on the advanced rides typically range from those capable of making the podium in the AMSA/CMRC B classes to upper A class and potentially expert racers. It's safe to say if you're not capable of making the podium in a A class race, you won't be the most skilled rider in an advanced group. If unfamiliar with the various race classes another way to think of it is, riders on the advanced rides can comfortably traverse almost everything on the legal trail system at McLean Creek and the best riders can do it effortlessly and fast if desired.

Note, the rides are not races or hardcore rides but rather fun evening rides with friends.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

Onzalimey

Re: Advanced rides on club nights?

Post by Onzalimey »

Ok cool that’s the info I was looking for thank you. I think I’ll probably become a member then and try to make it out for some of the rides.