New rider from Calgary.

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Martin604

New rider from Calgary.

Post by Martin604 »

Hey all, my name is Martin. 34 yo. Very limited experience on dirtbikes, but I have been on mountain bikes all my life. Listening to that braaap sound across the road on Moose mountain got me curious. I have a 2019 xc-w tpi. Really excited to get out this season. Making some new friends hopefully and learning what this is all about.

DwayneH
User
User

Re: New rider from Calgary.

Post by DwayneH »

Welcome!!.. you are picking up a new sport that is awesome and you'll be addicted in no time!..see ya on the single tack

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

Martin604 wrote:Hey all, my name is Martin. 34 yo. Very limited experience on dirtbikes, but I have been on mountain bikes all my life. Listening to that braaap sound across the road on Moose mountain got me curious. I have a 2019 xc-w tpi. Really excited to get out this season. Making some new friends hopefully and learning what this is all about.
Welcome! Club nights are a great way to meet folks and find riding buddies. We also host a beginner night (or two) with a focus on skills and techniques, and navigators are there to provide a few tips. You will be an old hand in no time!

Join the club and come on out on Wednesday nights! :cheers:

Martin604

Post by Martin604 »

Thanks for the welcome! Still trying to figure out this forum and find out when the club nights happens. I will for sure be at some of the beginner rides. Just waiting on my boots to come in the mail :)

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

Martin604 wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Still trying to figure out this forum and find out when the club nights happens. I will for sure be at some of the beginner rides. Just waiting on my boots to come in the mail :)
http://rockymountaindirtriders.com/?page_id=90

Club nights are visible once you join the club and your name goes RED.

Martin604

Post by Martin604 »

Got all my gear together. Payed my due and joined the club. Cya all out there soon :)

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

:applause: :thumbsup:
Martin604 wrote:Got all my gear together. Payed my due and joined the club. Cya all out there soon :)

timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by timbruce »

Welcome to the club Martin. I also ride the pedals as well :thumbsup: .