Husband and Wife looking for new trails!

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
scubarusteve
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby scubarusteve » Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 pm

My wife and I have started riding together last spring and we just signed up for a membership here. I have a 03 WR450 and my wife has a Beefed up 06 TTR 230. Found our way onto police and fire games, and johnny 2 skidoos. We may end up trying past prez this weekend. I know all the truck and quad trails out there but still trying to find good novice single track. any suggestions?

I hear there is a godly map that is available from this club that i am excited to get my hands on & make it out on some club nights.

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

Hooligan
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Re: Husband and Wife looking for new trails!

Postby Hooligan » Fri May 19, 2017 5:11 pm

The club map is well worthwhile for finding your way around McLean. Even something as simple as P&FG actually has several branches and arms off the main recognized trail.

The truth is that McLean is really not the best place for beginners. Other than P&FG and 2 Skidoos, everything else is quite technical with some of it being downright challenging. The direction you ride any given trail can greatly alter the difficulty of the trail. For example, Area 51 is pretty easy downhill (southbound) and way more difficult uphill.

Another trail you might want to take the wife on is Fisher Delight, southbound. Elbow Lookout eastbound is pretty technical but not overly difficult as well. There are no official difficulty ratings for any of the trails. If you want more info on particular trails, PM me and I'd be happy to give you the low down on directions to ride and difficulty.

The Club Rides are a good way to begin to learn your way around the park. Often they do Women's rides which are good for the girls to get together and learn without the boys watching. :thumbsup:

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

scubarusteve
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby scubarusteve » Fri May 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Yeah i'm hoping i can get one of those maps soon. We may be able to make it out for the next group ride. We got out 44 times last year between Mclean, Waiporus Indian graves and private land. I learned how crazy mclean could be as i stumbled onto Connops south last weekend heading south. That was an intense ride hahaha. She has electric start and willing to try most things. I'll pm you for some directions so we can try them this weekend hopefully..

Advertisement

Hooligan
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Hooligan » Sun May 21, 2017 9:34 am

Yea, that's kind of a hazard with McLean. Many trails can see somewhat innocuous until you hit that one obstacle that is freakin difficult. The bad ones are those that you get into and can't back out of. We hit a hill yesterday that got really nasty about halfway down. Only by then it was impossible to abort. At least I know not to go that way again. ;)

Advertisement

Return to “Introductions”