New guy from edmonton

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
bbrusnyk
User
User

New guy from edmonton

Post by bbrusnyk »

I've been lurking for some time and finally decided to post. Name is Bob and I'm from Edmonton, 58 years young but an accomplished technical singletrack rider, raced cross countries back in the 80's and early 90's but now just trailride mostly tight singletrack. I'm going back to Utah for the last week of march for the fourth time for my singletrack spring fix but one from our group had to back out so I'm looking for 1 or 2 guys to fill in the vacancy. 5 days of singlettack heaven. I have a friend in Grand Junction who shows us some new stuff every year. If your interested reply to my post or call me on my cell 780 991 8389.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New guy from edmonton

Post by Dobi »

Great to see that you found the forum Bob. I love riding the Moab area and am headed down again later this spring. What sort of riding have you found in the grand junction area? We hit rabbit valley, but I have always wanted to get up into those bookcliffs around grand junction. Going this early in the season limits the La Sales, but I have been in the fall way back and they were incredible too.

bbrusnyk
User
User

Post by bbrusnyk »

Last year my buddy took us east of grand junction to Debeque on a 100k loop. Don't know yet what new stuff he has in store for us this year. Have you ridden Woodside north of green river or the ride into the whitewash area from the super 8 in green river.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Yes, we have 2 big loops out at woodside/chimney rock that we do, and the ride out of the super 8 to white wash and back along the green river is one of my favorites. The fact that I can ride up to the burger king at the end of the ride and get some Whoppers and a shake ranks very high in my books.

I would be interested in the Debeque loop. Would be great to share some GPS tracks if you have some.

bbrusnyk
User
User

Post by bbrusnyk »

I did not have my gps with me when we rode Debeque but I will if we do this year. Have you ridden further south of Moab or around Montrose. There is a trail around there called the sidewinder that I would like to investigate.

bbrusnyk
User
User

Post by bbrusnyk »

When you did the trail south from the super 8 did you have to carry extra gas to make it to dead cow and the tubes and back.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Haven't ridden the Montrose area yet. Our loop from Green river to White Wash is 95km so I am good for fuel with an oversized tank. Stock 300's are good for about 80km if jetted lean.....

bbrusnyk
User
User

Post by bbrusnyk »

That's what I thought will carry a couple extra liters Thanx.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

bbrusnyk wrote:When you did the trail south from the super 8 did you have to carry extra gas to make it to dead cow and the tubes and back.
We didn't get to dead cow and tubes from Super 8. Gonna try to get there from the 191 near Sovereign this time. From the Super8 including tubes would be about 130km so packing gas would be required.

bbrusnyk
User
User

Post by bbrusnyk »

I didn't think it would be that far. Last time we drove in to the start of Mary's trail with the truck and ended up destroying a tire on the truck and one on the trailer, one nasty road, won't do that again. I'll have to take another look at my map.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

bbrusnyk wrote:I didn't think it would be that far. Last time we drove in to the start of Mary's trail with the truck and ended up destroying a tire on the truck and one on the trailer, one nasty road, won't do that again. I'll have to take another look at my map.
That's good information! The 95km ride Dobi quoted only got us to the Enduro Loop (didn't ride it) and back to the Super 8.

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

bbrusnyk wrote:I didn't think it would be that far. Last time we drove in to the start of Mary's trail with the truck and ended up destroying a tire on the truck and one on the trailer, one nasty road, won't do that again. I'll have to take another look at my map.
Just curious if you mean driving south from the I70 to that staging bluff or driving northwest from the Sovereign area to St. Mary's? We typically drive in from the I70 and have never had problems. We've thought about trying to ride from the Sovereign area/Shell area to get to the White Mud area but haven't tried yet.

I've enjoyed reading this thread as there are some areas that we didn't know exist. I look forward to researching them and trying them out. Will have to wait for another year as my group isn't going this season.

bbrusnyk
User
User

Post by bbrusnyk »

There is a spot with us if you are interested. We drove in from green river and out east to moab. I recall lots of loose sharp rocks on the road to moab. We noticed the 2 destroyed tires the next day in the daylight the rear right tire on the truck was minus a 4x2" chunk of tread and the trailer tire had a big bulge on the sidewall.