South West Calgary New Member

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
FrankArcand
2023 RMDRA Member
2023 RMDRA Member

South West Calgary New Member

Post by FrankArcand »

Hi There, I Just joined the Club, I ride a 300 XC and I'm Loving it!
I would consider myself a careful rider that has to go to work the next day but still enjoy a bit of challenge. Not a great rider but always enjoy learning more and get better at it.
Most of my riding buddies are on quad/utv's and i'm looking to find more places to ride dirt bikes.

Hope to see you guys on the trails some day!!!

Frank

FrankArcand
2023 RMDRA Member
2023 RMDRA Member

Re: South West Calgary New Member

Post by FrankArcand »

Thank you hooligan!

Few questions:

-are maps available on club rides only?
-does the association have merchandise like hats and shirts and other goodies for their members?
-does a clip on light on a backpack or helmet could qualify as a tail light?

Any info would be good

Thanks

Frank

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

Hey Frank, welcome to the club!

-maps are free to members but are only available at club events. Right now the only club events are the Wednesday night club rides.

-we have done merchandise in the past, last year we gave t shirts to anyone who purchased a membership at the motorcycle show. Also if you volunteer at club events your volunteer hours will earn you swag. (Shirts, hoodies, jackets, jerseys)

-many people run small bicycle lights and have no issues. The rules do say that it needs to be attached to the bike though.
KTM 300 XCW
#184A

FrankArcand
2023 RMDRA Member
2023 RMDRA Member

Post by FrankArcand »

Thanks Boland,
I appreciate it, the Wednesday nights sound like fun. Do they separate the different levels of rider in group or dedicate the rides to certain levels? Typically what kind of turn out you guys get for rides?

Thank you

Frank

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

FrankArcand wrote:Thanks Boland,
I appreciate it, the Wednesday nights sound like fun. Do they separate the different levels of rider in group or dedicate the rides to certain levels? Typically what kind of turn out you guys get for rides?

Thank you

Frank
Check out the club night forum, particularly the "frequently asked questions" thread. It should cover a lot of things you are curious about. If you have any other questions let us know :thumbsup:
KTM 300 XCW
#184A

FrankArcand
2023 RMDRA Member
2023 RMDRA Member

Post by FrankArcand »

Yep doing it as we speak

Thank you all! :cheers: