New Calgary Member - From the dark side... Of Jeeps

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Uboatcmdr

New Calgary Member - From the dark side... Of Jeeps

Post by Uboatcmdr »

Hey everybody,
Figured I'd make an intro post as I'm just getting back into riding and came across the forum for the first time. Took me long enough haha.

A little bit about my self, I just graduated from welding engineering technology at Sait, I'm an avid offroad enthusiast of the Jeep variety and spend way too much time out in the garage fabricating 4x4 parts and planning the next adventure. But most importantly, just got another bike. :D

The new bike is a 2011 Husky Te310, shes seen some good loving in the bush, but seems to have been well maintained despite being repetitively dropped by the looks of some of the plastics haha. This is the 2nd bike I've owned, first was a Crf250x, which I had for 2 years before I started school.

Thankfully after my little hiatus from the wonderful world of dirt bikes it isn't taking too long to pick it back up.

I'm a little confused about club night, is that just the Wednesday night rides? or is there weekly meetings too? Once I get my membership sorted out I'd definitely like to come out and meet some new faces and find some good places in McLean to ride some good single track. I know McLean like the back of my hand when it comes to the truck trails, but have no idea where to start for "easier" single track.

And don't worry, I'm the good kind of jeep guy :blush: you won't find me tearing up any of that precious cutthroat habitat haha. :cheers:

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New Calgary Member - From the dark side... Of Jeeps

Post by giantjoe »

Welcome to the club. Yes Club Nights are Wednesday nights. Pay $40 and you have someone to ride with constantly. Come on out and have some fun with us!
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

77chrisl
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New Calgary Member - From the dark side... Of Jeeps

Post by 77chrisl »

Hey pretty sure I have wheeled with you last fall when tiny was doing a recovery from fish east. If I see you at I club night I will I will catch up I had a cherokee and wheeled with jonas from time to time.