New Member from Edmonton

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
MrHermit

New Member from Edmonton

Post by MrHermit »

Hey there everyeone,

Wanted to take a second and introduce myself as I am new to the RMDR forum/club and looking for new folks to ride with as I continue to move into more enduro/singletrack focused riding.

Started off with an adventure bike of sorts (F650 GS Dakar) in 2012 which I rode like a dirt bike and took on long camping trips as designed. Took it down to do the District 37 LA-Barstow-Vegas ride in 2013 which sealed the deal as far as getting a KTM 500, of the 550 riders doing the rally something like half were on KTMs and there were only 12 BMWs that year.. Got a 500 exc in 2014 which I have enjoyed riding over the last 2 seasons and have put almost 200 hours on. I recently decided that I needed something a little lighter riding singletrack and got a 300 off a friend of mine.
I dabbed in the endurance ice racing scene and have helped with organizing the Numb Bum 24hr ice race last year taking care of their media (posters, broshures, pictures, some FB stuff...) I have some Trellies but know few other riders that do at this point. Same goes with ice tires but thankfully know a few that ride ice.

I envy all you guys living closer to the mountains... I do have every second Friday off work so might post on here looking for folks to ride with in your area. Current plant is to race at Fallen Timber at the end of the month and make my way out for the race in Drumheller in October as well. If you see me hanging around come say hi, I haul my sludge around with a white Mazda 3. Even better if you are in the Edmonton area and like to get out let me know, I'm always game for driving 3 hours to ride the good stuff. :cheers:

-Jeremy
2014 KTM 500EXC
2012 Husaberg TE300
2006 F650GS Dakar
My photos on Flickr