new to site and colorado

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
rtr2687

new to site and colorado

Post by rtr2687 »

Hi there! New transplant from Alabama. Love Colorado and I'm looking into getting on some trails asap. Normally Im a street rider (had a buck nasty fz1) but I just spent 2 years recovering from a nasty tbone diner with an 88 yo back home. Since I see 2 to 3 wrecks a day here and nobody wearing helmets, plus an extra couple million people here, I have no desire to ride the streets every day. I am ready though to get back on the horse and get into the supermoto, dirt world. Any help/ suggestions would be great. Thanks and cheers!

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: new to site and colorado

Post by malcolmzilla »

Welcome.

If you want to ride both dirt and sumo, one will be a compromise, so you will have to pick if you want to prioritize the trail or track handling.
Believe the Rocky Mountain Motards club might still be running local track days?

Obviously you will need a street legal dirtbike/sumo platform here, such as a late KTM EXC / BERG, a DRZ400, or the WR250R/X. "Conversion" to street legal of the Mx/Enduro bikes is dubious (search here, been covered).

My Berg FE570S is too much jam (for me) for the local bush (single track gnar), it only sees dual sport and sumo now. It gives up a bit on the slicks with the dirt suspension, but is still light years more fun around town than any of my litre bikes ever were. :D

Shiny side up.

rtr2687

Post by rtr2687 »

Agreed on the decision that needs to be made. I'm actually leaning now to sticking totally to the dirt. This is coming from getting rear ended the other day in my tahoe which definitely made me think.. So this week I'm going to look at a crf250r and ktm 250sx and others. Hopefully I'll be picking up something to ride this week. Definitely interested in some track days and trail days

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Good luck getting out trail riding. Not sure if you realized, but this club/site is focused on the Calgary, Alberta area, you'd probably get better advice from a forum based in Colorado...

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

It's all Rocky Mountains, maybe we open a chapter in Denver? :applause: