New member and son

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
daleandgavin

New member and son

Post by daleandgavin »

Hi all,
New to riding I've spent the last 5 weekends out at fallen timber and I'm hooked. Spent this weekend just me and my son who is on his first dirtbike experience. We camped at the third bridge base on hunter valley road I figured it would be a good place to access hunter valley trail we bombed up and down it for 2 days straight after quite a few bumps, bruises and cuts(and a lot of abuse on his 2013crf100f) he made it all the way from the creek crossing to the end where it meets hunter valley road. So proud! Anyways I'm far from good at woods riding but I'm learning on my crf450r this year and I'll get a real woods bike in the winter. I plan on spending as many weekends as I can out there. If anybody would like to show us a thing or two I would greatly appreciate it.

NoPlan
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New member and son

Post by NoPlan »

Welcome to the club. How old is your son? if ya snag a membership and your son is old enough ya should come out to the club rides.

Have an epic day

daleandgavin

Post by daleandgavin »

Gavin is 11. I'm gonna get a membership right away. When is the next club ride?

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

Club nights are most wednesday nights at 5:45. We don't usually have a club night the week before a long weekend as folks are prepping etc.

Details are in the Club Night forum, which might be members only viewable... viewforum.php?f=15

Your son will likely not keep up on a regular club night - I have a pretty capable 10 year old racer on a CRF125F who is far from ready for even relaxed club night riding.

I am running a beginner night, however, on July 23, and the pace and terrain will be suitable for him. Keep an eye on this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10757

Looking forward to riding with you!
RJH
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350