Brand Spankin New!!!

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
MYaski

Brand Spankin New!!!

Post by MYaski »

Hey everyone!

My name is Mathew!
I'm new to riding Dirt bikes and I am looking for people to ride with.
I decided to jump in feet first and just giv'r. New bike and gear lets roll! I have rode a few times in the crowsnest area and I am looking to discover what the area around calgary has to offer. Feel free to shoot me a message or an email anytime if you want to ride. I work mon-fri 7am-5pm so beyond that i'm good to roll!

Mathew Yastremski
mat.yaski@gmail.com

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Brand Spankin New!!!

Post by giantjoe »

Hey Matt
Thanks for looking us up. We have a really cool program for those looking to ride in our area. It's called Club Nights. Buy a membership for $40 and you can come and ride with/meet lots of people. You're guaranteed to find someone at your level to ride with. What kind of bike did you get?
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

MYaski

Post by MYaski »

Hey! I was reading up on club nights, I signed up for a membership via the website.
I bought a 2014 ktm 300 xc. However, I'm unsure if I can participate in club rides as the rules state you need a light/tailight on your bike, the xc is lightless.

Dirkbun

Post by Dirkbun »

AFAIK the XC comes with all the required connectors to install the XCW lights

Not waiting around for one of the more experienced members on the forum to unleash the Wrath of the Gods on me for being wrong :D

Xcfjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xcfjohn »

Welcome to the club
You should be good with a light kit like this I think you already have a harness for the light my xcf didn't.
https://shop.enduroeng.com/cgi-bin/comm ... key=30-714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NoPlan
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by NoPlan »

Welcome to the club! Lookin forward to meeting ya atclub niths

MYaski

Post by MYaski »

So in order to ride with the club on club nights I have to grab a light? Is there at any time I can ride with the club and not worry about a light?

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Cycle Works was stocking some new style KTM OEM headlight kits and DRC taillights.
http://www.ktm-parts.com/78114001044.html
http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-29-30/index.html

There have been club rides that went into the dark. KTM OEM headlights are plug and play and good enough to get out of the bush. The DRC taillight is cheap, tough and super easy to hook up on a XC. The KTM OEM tail lights are not worth the money in my opinion.
#Z3B

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

MYaski wrote:So in order to ride with the club on club nights I have to grab a light? Is there at any time I can ride with the club and not worry about a light?
In Alberta you must have; a headlight, tail light, registration and valid insurance to operate an OHV on public land. The club requires all participants to follow those requirements. The exception is an organised race when a special event permit has been issued to the club.

The club executive must ensure participants follow the regulations or they could be held liable if something were to happen.

Having these is also simply the responsible thing to do. Even though the daylight lasts until late in the evening, unforseen events have in the past forced rides to end in the dark.
The voices are back. Awesome!

Jonny5
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Jonny5 »

Having these is also simply the responsible thing to do. Even though the daylight lasts until late in the evening, unforseen events have in the past forced rides to end in the dark.[/quote]

Yup, been there, done that.
Jon G.
2018 KTM 350XCF