Getting back into it

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
tucker98

Getting back into it

Post by tucker98 »

Hi guys,

Picked up a 08 YZ125 over the winter and am looking forward to getting back into riding. Haven't ridden a dirt specific bike in 5+ years. Newish to this end of the country (less than 2 years) and don't know where to go ride or who to ride with other than with my roommate who also just picked up a bike, isn't from here, and is brand new to the sport. Saw a sticker on a minivan tonight and I'm glad I followed up and looked into it! Hopefully will meet some good people and get out for the guided ride.

Thanks guys,

-Rob

okotok
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Getting back into it

Post by okotok »

Welcome aboard Rob. The 125 might not be the best trail bike due to the narrow powerband, but there are those that do very well on them with practice. You'll want to do some research on lighting required etc. Anyway, you'll find plenty of help on this forum.

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Getting back into it

Post by RJHenry »

Welcome aboard!

Be sure to come to the swap meet on Thursday (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10413&p=74242) for possible gear and parts deals and guarnateed bench racing and opinions about what you should do to that 125! Quality of opinions is not, however, guaranteed. :smirk:

Look forward to seeing you!
RJH
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350