greetings from a beginner

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
Dirkbun

greetings from a beginner

Post by Dirkbun »

Hi,

Just a quick introduction …
I moved to Calgary about 3,5 years ago from Belgium ... never did a lot of riding in the Old Country, but last year decided that Mountain biking would be so much more fun if it had a big *** motor on the bike ...
Last year upgraded to a 2011 Yamaha WR250F ... joined the RMDRA last weekend at the motor cycle show, and now is this absolute beginner anxious waiting to start riding endure trails ...

Looking forward to meeting everybody in person !

Getting my Carb re-jetted and the AIS removal kit installed this weekend, but every weekend after that is all fair game :D

Dirk
Attachments
First time riding in Waiparous
First time riding in Waiparous

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: greetings from a beginner

Post by Hendrix13 »

Welcome Dirk.

Watch for the club rides this summer. :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Welcome to a great place to ride...nice pic. :cheers:

NoPlan
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by NoPlan »

Hey! Welcome to the site and club.

I got my lady into the sport last season as well and we got out to a ride with the club, everyone here is super nice and helpful for beginners your in for a great summer!

My lady and I ride smooth and chill as she is still learning, if you are up to bumin' around with some newbs throw me a PM and we can meet up we tend to ride every Saturday when it isn't flooded!

Dirkbun

Post by Dirkbun »

Sounds like a plan Mr. NoPlan :smirk:

Waiting for my bike to come back from re-jetting ... and yes somehow also decided to put an FMF exhaust system on it :blush:

NoPlan
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by NoPlan »

Nice man! She should run like a champ once it is all jetted up for the area. Where did you take that picture is that here in Calgary region? That looks like some epic riding!!

Looking forward to meeting you this summer, your always welcome out with us! I will remember to send you a PM anytime we are prepin' to rip.

Dirkbun wrote:Sounds like a plan Mr. NoPlan :smirk:

Waiting for my bike to come back from re-jetting ... and yes somehow also decided to put an FMF exhaust system on it :blush:

Dirkbun

Post by Dirkbun »

That pictures was taken in Waiparous ... just follow the trail to the left and than straight ahead ... or something like that :eek:
I'll show you sometime if you want ...

Looking forward to meeting up this summer.

Got my bike back, and OMG does it run now or what ... a bit louder :blush: ... but still doable ... and very sick or what :D
Anyway: no way that I'm able to wait until summer ... so: I'll start building my own Studded Tires and hopefully give her a go next weekend ...

Dirk

NoPlan
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by NoPlan »

Ive never ripped in the winter. it is suppose to be super cold this weekend have fun!!!