Yo!

If you are new to the forum, post here and introduce yourself. We'd love to hear from you.
tokenboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Yo!

Post by tokenboy »

Just thought I would drop a note in here to introduce myself.

Been an avid motorcyclist for a long time. Spent the last few years all on the street on sportbikes. Found it gets a little crazy, so I picked up a track-only SV650S so I can go fast in a safe(r) place. Also picked up a V-Strom a couple years ago. Great bike...unreal bike. I love the thing.

Anywho, I haven't really been offroad since the days of my GT80 growing up on the farm. This summer, a buddy whom has an XL350R took me out to McLean a number of times. I was hooked.

I found myself a 2000 WR400F this winter and plan on getting out as much as possible this year. I found the trail riding was a heck of a lot of fun, a huge workout, and a lot cheaper than running my SV650 at Racecity.

The WR400 I picked up was a bank repo, so I have it tore down to the frame. I've repacked all the bearings, done the valves, and baiscally made sure everything is groovy before I get it out on the trails.

Travis

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Welcome Travis.

The WR400 should have enough power for some of the steeper hill climbs. :banana:

And I'm guessing that you aren't afraid of speed after running at the speedway. :D

tokenboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by tokenboy »

Trust me, speed is very different on a relatively smooth racetrack compared to a rough and bumpy trail! :crazy:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Well, hope to see you out there on the rocky and bumpy trail. :banana:

Let us know how you are making out with your bike. Our technical forum is just getting going ;)