MRSI Challenge Fallen Timber

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

MRSI Challenge Fallen Timber

Post by erniebearskin »

Bikeless....

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: MRSI Challenge Fallen Timber

Post by giantjoe »

I am considering entering my first race this weekend... How much is the CMA day pass? What class do you think I should ride?
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

I think I'll give it a go. Is it really on Saturday? What class are you going in?
-Jared
#44b

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Giantjoe, if you enter I will.... Ill wait for you to catch up and follow you to pick up the parts.... :lol:
As for what class? Is there one that starts after ladies b?
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

thirtyseven wrote: As for what class? Is there one that starts after ladies b?
Oh junk, that class is on Sunday, guess I can't race after all. :crybaby:
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

The wife and I will be there!

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

giantjoe wrote:I am considering entering my first race this weekend... How much is the CMA day pass? What class do you think I should ride?
You should Joe, but Im not sure on CMA single race fee. I would say novice for your first race and see how it goes. They also have the Sportsmen Class, but it runs on Sunday and I know your not into the Sunday race action. CMA novice is a little mellower than the 40/30B class in CMRC (in my opinion).

Jared, yup definitely Saturday, Im going to race novice for all CMA races this season.

Hopefully we see you guys Saturday.
Bikeless....

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

The word is that there are some historical trails from 12 years ago that have been put into the "A" loop that should be awesome. There is also an easier "B" loop for the more relaxed classes.

GiantJoe, if you want to see the "A" loop you will have to sign up in Intermediate which is like the Junior class in CMRC. Otherwise you will be riding the "B" loop for the race. :D

CMA classes: Novice, Intermediate, Expert, Master.
Age classes: Veteran (39+), Vet Expert (39+), SuperVet (49+)

The race should be a lot of fun. This is just the second race of the series so buying a full CMA competition license just makes sense. All of the races are pretty close to Calgary and the adult's race Saturday. They are just fun rides, and both race series support our trail system and community in general. So get out there and have some fun at the races whether you choose to race on Saturday, Sunday or both days. :thumbsup:

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Anybody know how the ladies classes work? Do they do a Ladies A and Ladies B or is it an open ladies class?

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Based on what I saw last year, I believe the competitive ladies race in Novice/Int/Expert and will ride the A or B loop based on thier experience & class selection, the ladies Sunday class is geared more towards beginer/fun/recreational type racers. Again, someone please chime in if Im incorrect.
Bikeless....

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

erniebearskin wrote:Based on what I saw last year, I believe the competitive ladies race in Novice/Int/Expert and will ride the A or B loop based on thier experience & class selection, the ladies Sunday class is geared more towards beginer/fun/recreational type racers. Again, someone please chime in if Im incorrect.
Sounds perfect for Giantjoe!!!! :lol:

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

thirtyseven wrote: As for what class? Is there one that starts after ladies b?

Haha.

Joe, not sure how you've progressed, but I think Sportsman would be too easy for you. I did that numerous years ago and was a long ways ahead of 2nd place when I raced. I thought I was in 3rd or 4th, but turns out the winner and the people who crossed third and 5th were in the vet class. Joe I think was his name that won, riding an mid 90's RM250. Super nice guy. Same with his friend who was on a 90's Kawasaki 250.

I hope they are still riding. He gave me his number to go ride sometime but I never did end up calling him...

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

For those in the know, are these the fees?

I may be able to make this race.

Entry is $45 (CMA Mini Senior only $30), $45 Pro class (Payout info below), Club classes $30.

If you have pre-registered, there will be a separate table for you to sign-in (proof that you are physically at the race) and pay. If you are pre-registered, it is very quick. Have your CMA license with you. Arrive early if you need to apply for 2013 CMA Annual Competition License ($75).

$75 License and $45 entry fee?

Oh! And helmet must be Snell 2010, which makes me a no-go having a Bell Moto8 (Snell 2005)
Last edited by Shibby! on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Joe, all kidding aside, go out join whatever class you want, and have a fun ride. The neat thing about racing is that you put a pressure on yourself you never have on an ordinary ride... so that if for example, you get stuck on a root during a ride you get off and push and go, during a race your mind goes tick tock tick tock...... times a wasting, I will never get stuck again!

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Shibby! wrote:
Oh! And helmet must be Snell 2010, which makes me a no-go having a Bell Moto8 (Snell 2005)
I have never seen them check a helmet, my helmet (Suomy) also has no Snell rating, I think if you have a functioning helmet that isnt duct taped together you will be fine.
Bikeless....