Christy Mines Cancelled - Riviere's Revenge Now Replacing It

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
blacksheep
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Christy Mines Cancelled - Riviere's Revenge Now Replacin

Post by blacksheep »

Can someone please post directions or a map link to this race site? Am I missing the obvious?

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

blacksheep wrote:Can someone please post directions or a map link to this race site? Am I missing the obvious?

Directions Pincher Creek, AB Highway #6 toward Waterton Turn on Shell plant road Turn left on Riviere Road

Follow signs back to Riviere’s

Contact: Clint Riviere 403-627-9151e-mail rivieres411@hotmail.com

blacksheep
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by blacksheep »

Perfect, thanks!!

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

You should plan to be there by 9:00, or at least I do. I don't like feeling rushed before the race. I believe riders meeting is at 10:00...

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Did the tire wall every lap with out crashing.... Came dead last in my class but still felt great about the day. Conquered a mentaldemon!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Howard,thanks for hanging out on that hill and helping the traffic jam of people! The tirewall was fun. The face down tires were conquerable in practice but for some reason I just couldnt get over them during the race :crybaby:

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

I am with ya 37, it was a good feeling to get the tire wall out of my head. Conditions were really great! Cutting off the B classes once the rain started in the afternoon was a dissapointment but a necessary thing to do. Not a personally very sucessful race but super fun just the same.
#Z3B

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

:applause:
A big :thumbsup: for Clint and the race organizers getting as many racers through as they could before the rain came. They obviously had planned for this and it showed. While racing, the conditions where premo and the loop was lots of fun with a couple of changes to make it interesting. (Tire wall is no big deal anymore :lol: )
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Hendrix13 wrote::applause:
A big :thumbsup: for Clint and the race organizers getting as many racers through as they could before the rain came. They obviously had planned for this and it showed. While racing, the conditions where premo and the loop was lots of fun with a couple of changes to make it interesting. (Tire wall is no big deal anymore :lol: )

X2

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Braap791 wrote:Howard,thanks for hanging out on that hill and helping the traffic jam of people! The tirewall was fun. The face down tires were conquerable in practice but for some reason I just couldnt get over them during the race :crybaby:
That was fun until someone AND their bike landed on me and reinjured the AC joint in my right shoulder. I could dress myself this morning so its not too bad....
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

I managed to conquer everything but the tire wall. I got lucky in practice when I ghost rode my machine off the top and it landed hard, suffering only bent handlebars. I figured it was more important to finish this year.

I ended up taking my rear tire in the face twice on the flat tires. Second time broke my GoPro off of the chin bar on my helmet. Big thanks to Clint for hanging on to it for me. :lol:
#826A