Race Number's Question.

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Race Number's Question.

Post by MarkyMark »

So this year I wasn't able to get my CMA number and my CMRC numbers to match....

So Since there tends to be more CMRC races I put those numbers on my bike, I have a KTM so I don't think I should have to buy all new plastics for each race I do.

I'm lucky this year. CMRC number is 11 and CMA number is 171 so I guess I could just find a 7 and throw it between the 1's each time but still..

Whats the rules for this? I have the CMRC number on my bike but this weekend is a CMA race .....

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Race Number's Question.

Post by erniebearskin »

For CMA I dont think it matters as it is bar code? Someone can correct me if Im wrong.
Bikeless....

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Correct, bar code helmet sticker.

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

Thanks, I knew about the helmet sticker so I guess I was confused as why there was both a sticker and a number assigned.
Thank you for the reply.
See you guys Saturday if you are there.

golarge
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by golarge »

The numbers and colored plates are there so you no who is in your class when you are racing. Say you pass a rider who is having some trouble on a hill If he is in your class you just gained a position, you can bump up your race pace to get some distance on him. Oh but wait he's got no number plates, is he in your class or not. Well i guess you could stop and ask him :D
Yup. Got a new one.

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

golarge wrote:The numbers and colored plates are there so you no who is in your class when you are racing. Say you pass a rider who is having some trouble on a hill If he is in your class you just gained a position, you can bump up your race pace to get some distance on him. Oh but wait he's got no number plates, is he in your class or not. Well i guess you could stop and ask him :D
Wait you mean you are not suppose to stop and help everyone up? I though this was :canada: I always say 'Sorry' when passing someone.
hahaha

Thanks for the heads up. If you see a Yellow Plate number 11 thats me, make sure you say sorry when you pass me so I fee better :thumbsup: