Revier's Revenge now cancelled

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
rocky mountain racer
Contributor
Contributor

Revier's Revenge now cancelled

Post by rocky mountain racer »

I have just been informed due to conflicts with other race events Clint's hare scramble is cancelled. :thumbsdown:

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Revier's Revenge now cancelled

Post by Grimlock »

Is there an official word on this? I have heard a few different things from cancellation to the race still going ahead as originally scheduled.
#826A

Brenan225
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Brenan225 »

Rockymountainracer is John Bader - It dosen't get more official than that.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Definitely sad to see this off the schedule. Clint's race is one that pushes riders to conquer things that leave you feeling pretty awesome. Going over the tire wall is something that everyone should at least try. Always a good course with lots of side hills and elevation changes. Also probably the best spectator event of the year.

Big shout out to the Rivieres for putting this race on in the past, and I hope to see it next year.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

AJRJ wrote:Definitely sad to see this off the schedule. Clint's race is one that pushes riders to conquer things that leave you feeling pretty awesome. Going over the tire wall is something that everyone should at least try. Always a good course with lots of side hills and elevation changes. Also probably the best spectator event of the year.

Big shout out to the Rivieres for putting this race on in the past, and I hope to see it next year.
:applause: :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

Brenan225 wrote:Rockymountainracer is John Bader - It dosen't get more official than that.
Good to know. Guess I will have to wait until 2014 to make up for my embarrassment in 2012. :lol:

:cheers:
#826A

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

Heard nothing but good things and how fun this race is. Look forward to taking part in it next year.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Revier's Revenge now cancelled **BACK ON**

Post by AJRJ »

Just in case anyone is not checking the AMSA race schedule, I thought I would point out that this race is back on the calender for the 1/2 of June.

Clint did an announcement at Porkies XC that this race will go ahead rain or shine, so look forward to an epic weekend of racing thanks to the Rivieres.

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

AJRJ wrote:Just in case anyone is not checking the AMSA race schedule, I thought I would point out that this race is back on the calender for the 1/2 of June.

Clint did an announcement at Porkies XC that this race will go ahead rain or shine, so look forward to an epic weekend of racing thanks to the Rivieres.
So its a choice between the Christie Mines and Rivieres? Which one would be best for a first time racer? (And hopefully the least likely to be a brutal mudf est given this weather?)

Also, off topic a little, does anyone happen to know who I can get a hold of at CMRC to see what the status of my License is? I applied three months ago, my cheque was deposited within 10 days, but I haven't received my license or any information regarding the application, what my number will be etc. They haven't responded to my email inquiries.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Looks like this may be the race that ends my racing hiatus of 4 years :D

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

5Lgreenback wrote:So its a choice between the Christie Mines and Rivieres? Which one would be best for a first time racer? (And hopefully the least likely to be a brutal mudf est given this weather?)

Also, off topic a little, does anyone happen to know who I can get a hold of at CMRC to see what the status of my License is? I applied three months ago, my cheque was deposited within 10 days, but I haven't received my license or any information regarding the application, what my number will be etc. They haven't responded to my email inquiries.
Christie Mines is cancelled now, with Clints Race replacing it on the calendar.

In previous years it did take months for me to get my license back in the mail, so I would say hang in there, should be around soon. At the race, show your receipt, use "pending" for a license #, and use your first choice for bike #'s and you should be fine. Unlikely someone in your class will want to run the same #'s, and different classes are different colours (and letters) anyways.

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

Ok thanks. I didn't get a receipt, I just saw from my bank account statements they took my money.....Guess Ill have to print that out to show them?

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

5Lgreenback wrote:Ok thanks. I didn't get a receipt, I just saw from my bank account statements they took my money.....Guess Ill have to print that out to show them?
You can go onto the CMRC website and log in on the membership page and print off your CMRC license that has your membership# and bike #. I used that at the Porkies XC :thumbsup:

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

Cberg77 wrote:
5Lgreenback wrote:Ok thanks. I didn't get a receipt, I just saw from my bank account statements they took my money.....Guess Ill have to print that out to show them?
You can go onto the CMRC website and log in on the membership page and print off your CMRC license that has your membership# and bike #. I used that at the Porkies XC :thumbsup:

Thanks, I didn't know that membership site even existed. Maybe one day I'll figure this all out and make it to a race haha.