Red Bull Rocks & Logs - May 25, 2013

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Red Bull Rocks & Logs - May 25, 2013

Post by Dobi »

this is the email that I received from the redbull team

Hello,

I wanted to send a quick email to give you all some basic info about the upcoming Red Bull Rocks & Logs event next Saturday May 25th.

On Tuesday May 21 you will be able to find the event rules, event day schedule & participant waiver.

Some things to note:
- I have reserved the upper NE parking lot for rider staging, please park in an orderly manner as there will be 100+ participants coming to compete
- you need to print and bring your ticket to the athlete regsitration area on site during your class registration (location will be under the Red Bull tent next to the course)
- you are required to print and fill out the athlete waiver that will be posted on redbull.ca/rocksandlogs by end of day Tuesday May 21st
- YOU MUST BRING ID with you to registration
- **If you are UNDER 18, you must have a parent or guardian present at registration (only racers over 16 years are elegible to race)
- spectators get in for free
- there will be parking throughout the upper parking lot for overflow rider parking and spectator parking
- only RIDERS will be allowed in the staging area, you will receive your accreditation on site the morning of the race
- you will be given a set of 3 stickers for your front #plate and side plastic to identify you while racing
- Class registration times are set, if you miss a practice time then you will have to race without any prior time on the course
- if you are late for your designated heat, you will automatically be disqualified (all heats will be posted throughout the rider area and in the spectator area. It is your responsibility to know when you race
- there will be 2 food trucks on site that will be selling BBQ style food and non alcoholic beverages
- Follow @RedBullAB on twitter for updates leading up to event day

Race format Amateurs:
- 8 riders per heat
- 3 laps
- *IN THE FIRST ROUND: first 4 riders to finish 3 laps automatically move on, the last 4 riders will go into the Last Chance Qualifier to be raced at the end of round 1
- in the remaining qualifying and semi final rounds, the first 4 riders to complete 3 laps move on and the last 4 riders are finished
- Amateur Finals will be 5 laps

Race format Pros:
- 6 riders per heat
- 4 laps
- *IN THE FIRST ROUND: first 3 riders to finish 4 laps automatically move on, the last 3 riders will go into the Last Chance Qualifier to be raced at the end of round 1
- in the remaining qualifying and semi final rounds, the first 3 riders to complete 4 laps move on and the last 3 riders are finished
- Pro Finals will be 8 laps

Event Day Schedule
8a - 9a
Amateur Registration
830a - 10a
Amateur Practice
930a - 1030a
Pro Rider Registration
10a - 1030a
Pro Practice
1040a
Amateur Heats - Rd 1
120p
Amateur Heats - Rd 2
240p
Pro Heats - Rd 1
4p
Amateur Heats - Rd 3
440p
Pro Heats - Rd 2
520p
Amateur Heats - Semi Final
540p
Pro Heats - Semi Final
6p
Amateur Heats - Final
630p
Pro Heats - Final
7p
Awards

golarge
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by golarge »

We need about seven more volunteers to yellow flag this event. It will be a long day 7:30 am till about 7:00 pm but you get the best seats in the house.
Contact Rhonda at info@secondgearclub.com We need to know by end of today. Thankyou.
Yup. Got a new one.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I may have to give up my dreams of standing on the podium and raising the trophy to instead hoist a big yellow flag and ensure the event can still go on.

there is no shame in that is there :blush:

stretch
Writer
Writer

Post by stretch »

Dobi wrote:I may have to give up my dreams of standing on the podium and raising the trophy to instead hoist a big yellow flag and ensure the event can still go on.

there is no shame in that is there :blush:
Can't we just assume someone will be crashed in every section and set up some permanent yellow flags? :thinking:
# 87

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

The latest from Carly at Redbull

Hello Rocks & Logs Competitors!

I've been getting some repeat questions and wanted to clarify a couple items as I'm sure there are more of you with the same inquiries :)

1) Course map and athlete waiver are available on redbull.ca/rocksandlogs - please print out and complete the waiver to speed up registration on site. **Rules & Regulations will be on the site by end of day today**

2) This is a FREE event for spectators, they just have to sign in at the front gate of the venue

3) Parking is on a first come, first serve basis. We have the entire upper lot for the event. If you have a travel trailer, please use common sense to park in an orderly manner as there are going to be 86 other riders looking to park on event day as well. NO PARKING ON THE FENCED GRASSY AREA NORTH OF THE TRACK - this area is reserved for vendors

4) The venue gates will be open Friday night to accommodate any travel trailers camping for the weekend

5) RAIN / WEATHER: As many of you have noticed, we are looking at rainfall throughout the weekend. Shane Cuthbertson and I will be monitoring the track and making a final call Friday @ noon if we have to utilize a rain day and move the event to SUNDAY MAY 26th. **IF YOU PREFER A DIFFERENT METHOD OF BEING INFORMED OF EVENT SCHEDULE CHANGES BESIDES THIS EMAIL, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CONTACT INFO TO carly.procyshyn@ca.redbull.com

6) Event Day Schedule Reminder:

8a - 9a Amateur Rider Registration
830a - 10a Amateur Practice
930a - 1030a Pro Rider Registration
10a - 1030a Pro Practice
1040a Amateur Heats - Rd 1
120p Amateur Heats - Rd 2
240p Pro Heats - Rd 1
4p Amateur Heats - Rd 3
440p Pro Heats - Rd 2
520p Amateur Heats - Semi Final
540p Pro Heats - Semi Final
6p Amateur Heats - Final
630p Pro Heats - Final
7p Awards

***Times subject to change***
7) Official Rules & Regulations

1) Motorcycles must be technically sound and in good working order. There are no motorcycle and / or equipment restrictions. As this is closed course event, no special equipment (lights, registration, spark arrestors, etc.) are required. However, any rider with a motorcycle found to be in disrepair will be requested to correct or may be disqualified at the discretion of Head Referee.

2) Sound testing will not be implemented. However, any rider competing on an overly obnoxious motorcycle will be requested to correct or may be disqualified at the discretion of Head Referee.

3) The same motorcycle must be used for each heat and the main event.

4) Number plate decals will be provided to each participant at Sign-In. These must be prominently displayed on the Front Number plate and each Side Plate to assist with scoring.

5) Riders missing or late for their assigned practice session will not be given a second chance due to event time constraints.

6) Riders missing or late for their assigned heat will be disqualified due to event time constraints.

7) Gate pick for initial heats are assigned according to registration order. Gate pick for subsequent heats and main event will be assigned according to prior finish position.

8) Any rider found to cut course will be docked position or disqualified at the discretion of Head Referee.

9) Riders unable to complete an obstacle may receive assistance at discretion of Track Crew only. This will only be implemented to assure progress of race and clear bottlenecks.

10) Riders existing course for any reason, must not gain a position upon re-entry. Head Referee will have the discretion to dock position or disqualify participant.

11) Outside assistance is strictly prohibited. Any participant accepting assistance from anyone other than track crew or fellow competitors will be disqualified at discretion of Head Referee.

12) Have fun and good luck! Be safe and use common racing sense (so we don’t have to be the bad guys enforcing these rules :)

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Postponed until Sunday :thumbsdown:

Stinking rain

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Dobi wrote:Postponed until Sunday :thumbsdown:

Stinking rain
Looks like the name has been changed to "Rocks & Frogs" :smirk:
You need to find a 2 Hundy for Sunday Mike.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

trailguy wrote:
Dobi wrote:Postponed until Sunday :thumbsdown:

Stinking rain
Looks like the name has been changed to "Rocks & Frogs" :smirk:
You need to find a 2 Hundy for Sunday Mike.
I was considering a track kit for the 501.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

So this is definitely Sunday now? That is actually good for me, as I can get the whole family out there now.

Good luck to all those who entered! And if you have seen the endurocross course since it was rebuilt, you'll know what I mean :D

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

*NOTE: RED BULL ROCKS AND LOGS HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO SUNDAY MAY 26, 2013 While you can send a man to the edge of space, you just can’t control the weather. Due to a steady streak of recent heavy rain in Calgary over the past week, the Red Bull Rocks and Logs event planned for May 25 will be postponed until May 26, 2013. While a little bit of mud can always make a race more interesting, with the amount of rainfall received recently, parts of the track have been left swamped and certain course features unusable. With rider safety being the priority, officials have deemed the move necessary.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

Somebody had better post a hot lap... Deb, Jamie, Mike, I'm talking to you.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

That was wicked.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

thirtyseven wrote:That was wicked.
And some guy riding a Husky won... How did that happen?
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

BRod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BRod »

Good day. Those girls sure put on a show. Made some guys look pretty bad in the process.

Anyone have any numbers I should be looking for in my pics? I didn't take too many, but I may have grabbed a shot or two of someone.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

giantjoe wrote:
thirtyseven wrote:That was wicked.
And some guy riding a Husky won... How did that happen?
Imagine how good he could be....
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS