Riviere's Revenge 2013

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Taurkon
User
User

Riviere's Revenge 2013

Post by Taurkon »

First year racing, and this looks like it will be my first race since Coulee Springs was postponed. Does anyone have details (maps, race times etc...) on the Riviere's Revenge race? Can't seem to find any details on the CMRC site. Anyone else attending?

Cheers!

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Riviere's Revenge 2013

Post by MtnBlue »

Taurkon wrote:First year racing, and this looks like it will be my first race since Coulee Springs was postponed. Does anyone have details (maps, race times etc...) on the Riviere's Revenge race? Can't seem to find any details on the CMRC site. Anyone else attending?

Cheers!
www.albertamotorsportsassociation.weebly.com

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

I will be there again this year. Last year was my first attempt at racing outside of the Sportsman class and Riviere's was my first race. I made it about a quarter of the way through the parade lap before plowing into a tree and ending my day. :D

Hopefully this year goes much better!
#826A

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Clint's race is fun, you'll enjoy it.

Grimlock, sorry we won't be mixing it up too much this year. I will only be hitting a few races but fully expect you to kick my hide when we do line up! :cheers:
The voices are back. Awesome!

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

Looks like it'll be my first race as well. Is there a sportsman class at this event? That link posted above doesn't provide any information regarding this event in particular that I could see. Sounds a little more intimidating as a first race than Coulee Springs!

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

5Lgreenback wrote:Looks like it'll be my first race as well. Is there a sportsman class at this event? That link posted above doesn't provide any information regarding this event in particular that I could see. Sounds a little more intimidating as a first race than Coulee Springs!
The race poster is there, rules, schedule, etc. Do a search on this forum and you'll find info and video by thirtyseven of last years race. I'm guessing it will be very similar this year.

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

The enduro X section looks frightening, I've never rode anything like that.

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

Brass wrote:Clint's race is fun, you'll enjoy it.

Grimlock, sorry we won't be mixing it up too much this year. I will only be hitting a few races but fully expect you to kick my hide when we do line up! :cheers:
I'll be easy to find! I will be the slowpoke in last place in 30B this year! :lol:
#826A

Taurkon
User
User

Post by Taurkon »

A few questions I can't seem to find in the link:

1. When do the 40b riders ride? Saturday or Sunday? Do the classes always ride the same day?
2. Maps? Not sure exactly where I am going, other than 'south' towards Pincher
3. Is there camping on-site or do most grab a hotel in Pincher Creek?

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

Taurkon wrote:A few questions I can't seem to find in the link:

1. When do the 40b riders ride? Saturday or Sunday? Do the classes always ride the same day?
2. Maps? Not sure exactly where I am going, other than 'south' towards Pincher
3. Is there camping on-site or do most grab a hotel in Pincher Creek?
For all CMRC races, all adult classes race on Sunday. Starts are typically 11:00, with riders meeting at 10:30. In the past Clint has provided an area for camping. As this race is on private property there is limited ability to free ride on Saturday.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

There are two really cool things about Clint's race. The first is that he manages to put a great mix of riding on his property, you go from clicking through the gears to steep hills. Its all very close to a "way out" so its great for a first race. Secondly the enduroX section is a challenge, but it gives your loved ones somewhere to gravitate to. I personally cant do the big tires consistently... dont know why, I just cant. Last yr Clint had a "go around" which I used every lap during the race. This yr I will do the same as last, try the tires a couple times during the warm up, if I nail the rythmn then I will do them during the race, if I dont, I wont. It is a mental thing for me, If I feel its not gonna work Id rather tuck my ego away and concentrate on other aspects of the race :D
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

thirtyseven wrote:There are two really cool things about Clint's race. The first is that he manages to put a great mix of riding on his property, you go from clicking through the gears to steep hills. Its all very close to a "way out" so its great for a first race. Secondly the enduroX section is a challenge, but it gives your loved ones somewhere to gravitate to. I personally cant do the big tires consistently... dont know why, I just cant. Last yr Clint had a "go around" which I used every lap during the race. This yr I will do the same as last, try the tires a couple times during the warm up, if I nail the rythmn then I will do them during the race, if I dont, I wont. It is a mental thing for me, If I feel its not gonna work Id rather tuck my ego away and concentrate on other aspects of the race :D
i bet after your trip to Moab, these obstacles will no longer be a problem...
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Spinalguy wrote:
thirtyseven wrote:There are two really cool things about Clint's race. The first is that he manages to put a great mix of riding on his property, you go from clicking through the gears to steep hills. Its all very close to a "way out" so its great for a first race. Secondly the enduroX section is a challenge, but it gives your loved ones somewhere to gravitate to. I personally cant do the big tires consistently... dont know why, I just cant. Last yr Clint had a "go around" which I used every lap during the race. This yr I will do the same as last, try the tires a couple times during the warm up, if I nail the rythmn then I will do them during the race, if I dont, I wont. It is a mental thing for me, If I feel its not gonna work Id rather tuck my ego away and concentrate on other aspects of the race :D
i bet after your trip to Moab, these obstacles will no longer be a problem...
The problem is between my ears..... Nothing can fix that!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

thirtyseven wrote: The problem is between my ears..... Nothing can fix that!
pretend its Moab :thinking:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Taurkon
User
User

Post by Taurkon »

Does anyone have directions to Clint's property or a Googlemap link?

Thanks!