Coulee Springs Race

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Coulee Springs Race

Post by erniebearskin »

Hello all, looks like first race for 2013 is CMA race Coulee Springs at Coulee Springs Motocross Ranch. It's supposed to be a hare scramble but CSMX looks like a motocross track? Has anyone been out there, can you please give some feedback about this riding area. I have never had my bike on a track and its a little intimidating to think my first track experience will be during a race (albeit a novice class race). :smirk:

Thanks in advance.
Bikeless....

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Re: Coulee Springs Race

Post by SteveOg »

I don't know anything about it either but I am also looking for my first race, and my daughter would like to try it as well. I'm also curious to hear if anyone has an opinion on this race/venue.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

I was talking with a friend who raced at the same location last fall. From what I understand it is a nice, not intimidating natural terrain mx type track.

I'll be there for the kids race on Sunday. :thumbsup:

bartziokas123
User
User

Post by bartziokas123 »

I was curious about this race as well so I messaged the club and this is the response they gave me.
"will be like cactus coulee with grass track with new single track and a couple of surprises! Plan for a super fun race with lots of spectating". Sounds like a fun race to me.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

I'll be giving it a go!
Bikeless....

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

erniebearskin wrote:I'll be giving it a go!
Pretty sure my daughter and I will both be there as well. :applause:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Ernie, here is my lame attempt at an mx track.... Remember its about the fun!

Adult races are on Sat right?
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

That was good. Yes the Cma classes race Sat. Kids Sunday.
Bikeless....

actionsports
Contributor
Contributor

Post by actionsports »

The track is pretty fast, and wide open. Not a technical course, but kind of old school euro-GP MX style. It the kind of place that favours a higher horse power machine, as the hills suck up th ponies pretty quick. I've ridden there after he tilled the track and when it loamy I'm glad I have a fire breathing 450 for parts of it. There isn't anything dangerous like double jumps, although there is one drop into a coulee that can catch you off guard if you don't know its coming. Otherwise its a great place and Landon King is a classy dude that puts on a great event! I would highly recommend attending the event.

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

What is the race date? Perhaps I am retarded but I cannot find it by googling "CMA race". Thanks. 40B class.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

malcolmzilla wrote:What is the race date? Perhaps I am retarded but I cannot find it by googling "CMA race". Thanks. 40B class.
Its April 27/28.
Like Actionsports said, one track is old school GP motocross style. The other track can change alot throughout the day if its ripped & watered. The loam is so deep for the first few laps I was wishing for a paddle tire out back, then once lines are burnt in the track is mint for a while. For the last part of the day it can get really rough.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

malcolmzilla wrote:What is the race date? Perhaps I am retarded but I cannot find it by googling "CMA race". Thanks. 40B class.
http://www.secondgearclub.com/
Bikeless....

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

I loved that video!!

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

I'm hoping to try and make this race as well for my first ever race. Not to mention first ever time on something resembling a motocross track. Any other newbies from here going to be in the beginner class? :crazy:

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

5Lgreenback wrote:I'm hoping to try and make this race as well for my first ever race. Not to mention first ever time on something resembling a motocross track. Any other newbies from here going to be in the beginner class? :crazy:
I'll be in novice as well, Second Gear Club also offers a Sportsmen class which is a non sanctioned class geared towards first timers. Sportsmen is usually run later in the day so you are not on course same time as the rest of the classes, I found it as a good first race experience, just a thought. :cheers:
Bikeless....