2013 Supercross Predictions

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2013 Supercross Predictions

Post by Dave P »

trailguy wrote:- Bubba's distracted with his new riding gear line = will be eating shitache by lap 10 of the main.
-Reeds distracted with legal action against him over his practice/Go Kart track in Florida = not in the top 5.
-Villo has said he will not put up with Barcia's goon/dirty riding = those two will tangle giving up the chance for the win.
-Dungey is running the top secret prototype rear air shock at A1 ( not kidding here ) his bike will be the lightest 450 on the line. He's said it works better in the whoops = Dung for the win. :D

I dunno, KTM better have worked some gypsy magic on that 450, because ill the reviews I see say its a tank haha.

Ronnie Mac takes the win.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

trailguy wrote:- Bubba's distracted with his new riding gear line = will be eating shitache by lap 10 of the main.
-Reeds distracted with legal action against him over his practice/Go Kart track in Florida = not in the top 5.
-Villo has said he will not put up with Barcia's goon/dirty riding = those two will tangle giving up the chance for the win.
-Dungey is running the top secret prototype rear air shock at A1 ( not kidding here ) his bike will be the lightest 450 on the line. He's said it works better in the whoops = Dung for the win. :D

:lol: Best post i have read on this forum in a long time!!!

:cheers:

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i admit i was flipping channels between the GB/Minn game and the start of SX but did i hear that 'the criminal' is already making excuses/quitting/not racing tonight/ :confused:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

last lap
last practice
fastest time
knee problem
will not go to the opening ceremony
announcers are saying essentially "suck it up and get out there and race!"
announcers meaning one...
carmichael
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Dave P wrote:

I dunno, KTM better have worked some gypsy magic on that 450, because ill the reviews I see say its a tank haha.

Gypsy majic performed - Dungey's bike weighed in at the AMA 450 minimum weight limit of 224 LBS. :D Heard RV's bike came in at 230 lbs.

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

trailguy wrote:
Dave P wrote:

Gypsy majic performed - Dungey's bike weighed in at the AMA 450 minimum weight limit of 224 LBS. :D Heard RV's bike came in at 230 lbs.

You win this round!!!! ahah. Damn KTM gypsies! Exciting first round for sure. That last 2 laps in the 450 main was AWESOME!!!!!!!

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Thanks Dave. And ya, what a great 1st round. I just hope Decoster hired the Gypsies for all 17 rounds :smirk:

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

PHX

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

"Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart just released a statement via his Twitter account (@JS7) that he will be racing round 2 of Monster Energy Supercross this weekend in Phoenix. Stewart, who injured his knee in practice at Anaheim, finished eighth at the opener. Details have not yet been released on the extent of the injury, but for now Stewart plans to race this weekend."

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Dave P wrote:"Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart just released a statement via his Twitter account (@JS7) that he will be racing round 2 of Monster Energy Supercross this weekend in Phoenix. Stewart, who injured his knee in practice at Anaheim, finished eighth at the opener. Details have not yet been released on the extent of the injury, but for now Stewart plans to race this weekend."
I was majorly dissapointed... Maybe the injury will having him riding cautiously enough to finish some races this year!!!
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

Let's hear some predictions for Round 2..

I think Villapoto will be on it and will take the win. Reed and Dungey are very smart and got a feel for the competition after A1 and will both be a notch faster this weekend. Trey and Millsaps definitely showed the field that they can't be taken lightly and will also be in the mix. If James is still hurting he will race smart again and take away what points he can and not panic to take the win.
1-Villapoto
2- Dungey
3- Reed

Barcia, Canard and possibly James and hopefully millsaps will be pushing up front with the leaders but I think that the experience and discipline of the vets will have them running up front. But after last weekend we all saw that a number of guys have the speed to take a win. :thumbsup:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Stewart has this one..
Reed will be back in mid pack, Dungey will be 3rd, and Villi will be in second.
Millsaps will be in the LCQ (arm pump from signing autographs...._)

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I'd put money on Dungey for the championship, then RV and then Millsaps.
Hopefully JS stays on 2 wheels all season as the supercross season is always more enjoyable/dramatic with him riding...I bet he pulls off 2 wins. If James is not racing, it's not nearly as exciting.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

rock933
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rock933 »

I agree love him our hate him the racing is alway more exciting when Stewart is racing.