2013 Supercross Predictions

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
KTMpilot
Writer
Writer

2013 Supercross Predictions

Post by KTMpilot »

#1. Justin Barcia......with some heated battles with RV2 and Dungey.
#2. 2 race winners: Reed, Tomac, Stewart. Unfortunately I think Dungey will only get a couple at best.
#3. 1 race winners: Weimer, Roczen, Maybe Kevin Windham?
I predict James Stewart will have a season much like his last few, fastest guy out there but wired for self destruct!

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2013 Supercross Predictions

Post by thirtyseven »

1. RV will quickly show he's the man to beat
2. Dungey will be near the top every race
3. I will be bored of it all 3 races in and sit in the garage looking at my bike.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

I agree RV will be the man to beat, Dungey consistently up there. I am hoping Reed will be in top form. I think Barcia will have his moments but won't be able to run with the Vets consistently. One thing I really hope is that for once all the top guys stay healthy and make it a good season, but I hope that every season.There is definitely Alot of talent in the big bore's though!! thumbsup:

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Stewart was riding a disaster bike the last few years... He took a huge hit to get out of his contract... He was willing to ride the Suzuki for free in the outdoors...

All this points to JS7 domination! :smirk:

I think that you guys are seriously discounting him. It's going to be an amazing season!!!

I also think that Dobi should name the new baby "JS7"... Just sayin! :cheers:
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

Henry
Writer
Writer

Post by Henry »

thirtyseven wrote:1. RV will quickly show he's the man to beat
2. Dungey will be near the top every race
3. I will be bored of it all 3 races in and sit in the garage looking at my bike.

Well said! When are they going to start televising Endurocross, or even the Dakar or BAJA again? I can't get any of it on SHAW (or at at least my SHAW TV package).
I should add that I will most likely be drinking beer (carb loading for summer) whilst observing my bike all winter.
Darren
2008 KTM 250xc
http://www.DSAracinglubes.com

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

JS7 might pull off a win or 2 before the Suzuki sends him into the dirt like the Yamaha did ending another woulda shoulda coulda its the bike not me season :crybaby: .
RV will spend many nights on the box in the top spot.
Dungey and RV will battle for wins but ultimately there will be lots of 2nd places for Dungey
Reed might podium but not win
Dont forget Davi Millsaps top 5s or better
Windham will be a consistant top 10 but I do not think he will be pulling podium finishes.

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

RV dominates another year. Dungy picks up second again, or as I like to call it first loser. Barcia needs a year tops of SX on a 450 then look out! Still think he could contend for second but will finish 3rd probably. Stewart/Reed/Milsap fight for the scraps.
CR250R

KTMpilot
Writer
Writer

Post by KTMpilot »

I forgot about Millsaps, he improved alot last year! I don't think Barcia will have any trouble with RV2 to be honest, remember Dungey won in his rookie season. Endurocross? Does anyone actually like watching it as a spectator sport?

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

RV will be more than Barcia can handle. If I remember didn't RV get injured with the points lead when Dungey won the supercross title?? And reed has been getting faster since he started 22 motosports, I think he will be back ready to compete and I think James will be better now on Suzuki too. I'm pretty sure Dean Wilson is on a 450 to this season. Should be exciting!!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Apparently many of you missed the Monster Energy race last month :thinking:
Barcia will be the guy to beat. He already has all of the top riders thinking about him in a worried way.
He will bang bars to win and that is something the top guys are not used to, nor do they like.
Tomac will also do well.
The Criminal will be a 'has been'.
Chad Reed could be the wildcard depending on just how truly healthy he is.
Dungey will be nothing more than a spectator from midpack
Villopoto will be a contender duking it out with the rookie for the championship.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

I think Dungey is on the move but he will have to compete with Villapoto. Its a coin flip between the two. Dungey was pretty impressive at the MEC while managing bike problems. KTM is the most motivated corporation in the paddock. Villapoto crashed under pressure from Dungey at MEC. Barcia will be fun to watch but the big boys can bam bam as good as he can and they aren't afraid to do so. Stewart has had so much bad luck that I'll even cheer for him a bit but he needs to show up without an ego to improve his game. We'll be lucky if he and Reed mix it up in a few epic battles. It would be great if Canard came back strong. Wasn't Weimer knockin on the door last year?

Looking forward to it!

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

Spinalguy wrote:Apparently many of you missed the Monster Energy race last month :thinking:
Barcia will be the guy to beat. He already has all of the top riders thinking about him in a worried way.
He will bang bars to win and that is something the top guys are not used to, nor do they like.
Tomac will also do well.
The Criminal will be a 'has been'.
Chad Reed could be the wildcard depending on just how truly healthy he is.
Dungey will be nothing more than a spectator from midpack
Villopoto will be a contender duking it out with the rookie for the championship.
I agree on Barcia....he is a breath of fresh air in SX and could give Villy problems. Villy doesn't make mistakes too often and that is his strengths for sure where as Barcia will probably make a few and cost him a few podium finishes. He is the most aggressive guy snce Stewart back in his earlier years with a ton of talent.
CR250R

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Dobi wrote: