New racing body for Southern Alberta

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New racing body for Southern Alberta

Post by Dobi »

You should all take the summer off racing and come build trail anyways.... :thinking:

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Just an update regarding the AMSA, my best attempt to summarize a conversation with Renee Turner.

-AMSA has been in the works for a few years, and is born out of differences regarding MX between Northern and Southern Alberta. No secret agenda, just different interests.
-There very well could be benefits to the off road (race) community, which previously has been largely ignored (my words not hers).
-Your CMRC license will automatically register with the AMSA if you have a (403) area code on your application, ADRA will "get" all the licenses with a (780) code. No reason not to register with the AMSA, as they will be looking after off road racing.
-Two races have been selected for BC/AB joint series. This will replace the WEC of last race season.

The conversation I had was positive, and personally I would defer to Mrs.Turner, who would volunteer/know more than her? The future looks bright for off road racing for 2013.

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Thanks Geoff. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the release of next years schedule...