13 race schedule

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Re: 13 race schedule

Post by steve-o »

AJRJ wrote:Actually that surprised face was not meant to be mine, sorry if it confused you.

The race will be an XC, hopefully you can make it.
thanks. :thumbsup: :canada:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

steve-o wrote:
AJRJ wrote:The RMDRA race is going to be an XC :eek:
I don't understand why you are surprised? Aren't you are the race director? Is this an XC or HS? Would like to know so I can plan for it appropriately. IE I prefer an XC and camping but if it is a HS I may/may not even go.

:cheers:
And so it begins, the schedule isn't even dry from being printed and people are already making statements about how they would like the race run. If you want to have input into the race volunteer to run it.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Dobi wrote:
steve-o wrote:
I don't understand why you are surprised? Aren't you are the race director? Is this an XC or HS? Would like to know so I can plan for it appropriately. IE I prefer an XC and camping but if it is a HS I may/may not even go.

:cheers:
And so it begins, the schedule isn't even dry from being printed and people are already making statements about how they would like the race run. If you want to have input into the race volunteer to run it.
maybe you should re-read the posts? Don't seem to recal telling him to do anything regarding the race.

AJRJ, thanks again for clearing that up and specifying that this is an XC, good luck with your preperations and planning.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

steve-o wrote:IE I prefer an XC and camping but if it is a HS I may/may not even go.
steve-o wrote:maybe you should re-read the posts? Don't seem to recal telling him to do anything regarding the race.
I think you were suggesting to AJRJ that it should be an XC since if it was a HS you may or may not even go.

This is supposed to be a thread about the schedule. The RMDRA race threads go in a different forum. Let's keep this on topic which is the schedule.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

dirtyboy wrote:
steve-o wrote:IE I prefer an XC and camping but if it is a HS I may/may not even go.
steve-o wrote:maybe you should re-read the posts? Don't seem to recal telling him to do anything regarding the race.
I think you were suggesting to AJRJ that it should be an XC since if it was a HS you may or may not even go.

This is supposed to be a thread about the schedule. The RMDRA race threads go in a different forum. Let's keep this on topic which is the schedule.
Well, I guess you thought wrong. Please don't pull and quote just a segment of what I said, as for sure it can now be taken out of context.

Part of a schedule is submitting it accurately, intitially there was talks of just an HS now it's an XC, which I would think would be part of a race schedule (Knowing which one it is, that is), at least that's the way all the other clubs and organizers approach this in that they submit whether or not they are doing a HS or an XC.

Perhaps Dobi should be the one to not comment as you are absolutley right DB, that this is a post about race 'schedule', which dobi's post had absolutley nothing to do with.

Further more, there are several individual posts in this thread that aren't related to the 'schedule' why are you singling out mine. if you are to do this, you should make an example of the other 10-15 posts that aren't 'related' too.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

your comment in my opinion came across as if it isn't a XC you aren't coming. Sorry for the misinterpretation there. These types of off hand comments are frustrating for those of us that put in the time to run events like this, regardless of their intention.

I am glad to see the event is on the schedule and that AJRJ has stepped up to the plate to pull this off.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 13 race scheduleA

Post by AJRJ »

What do you mean part of a schedule is submitting it accurately? There have been a few people doing some communicating to the AMSA, and to be honest it was a bit of a scramble to ensure we HAD a race on the calender.

The way this post, and your original post, are worded its easy to see why it could be interpreted wrong. My reply was originally intended to be sarcastic, but that didn't come through either. Honestly you would not attend a club race because its an HS? That would be too bad, as we typically would want to encourage all riders to go. Some people are probably reading this as there first exposure to racing, not to mention this club or this site.

I will happily consider race feedback or suggestions, but please by pm only.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Are you planning on racing too AJRJ :smirk:
You're not going to take the easy 25 Volunteer points I hope :P (and I'm not just saying that cause we're in the same class this year :smirk: )
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Steve-o you are right. I won't pull and grab quote segments in the future. I apologize for doing so with your post.

It appeared to me that if it wasn't a XC you may/may not be going to it. Off hand comments like this are frustrating to me.

The comments I made about keeping on topic were directed at everyone.

rock933
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rock933 »

:applause: :thumbsup:
This was by far my favorite race last year.