2012 ISDE Germany Results

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
TrialsPaul
Writer
Writer

2012 ISDE Germany Results

Post by TrialsPaul »

Now the race has started, live results can be found here:

http://www.fim-isde-live.info/

Interesting quote from Jeff Fredette:

"the event is going to be a tough one this year with the germans looking to take out 25% the first 2 days and another 25% the 3=4th day. the weather might help them in the goal as it is looking like rain on mon, thur, and fri. will see how that works out. "

Good Info:

http://www.digitaloffroad.com/tag/2012-isde/

www.isde.tv

www.enduro21.com
Last edited by TrialsPaul on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2012 ISDE Germany Results

Post by axel99 »

I am cheering for #423. Go Marek :canada:
#Z3B

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

No signs of Marek yet, but man are those other guys/girls fast! :nworthy:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Club results for today
http://www.fim-isde-live.info/HTML3/RPT06/index4.html

Go team Team Quab-BC ???

Don't forget the Girls.

http://www.fim-isde-live.info/HTML3/RPT15/index.html
Victoria is in 10th :canada: :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Looks like VFR is getting faster every day, while the other Canadians are getting slower every day... Nice work.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Hendrix13 wrote:
Go team Team Quab-BC ???
quebec, alberta, bc

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DirtyBikes »

Looks like Amber Giroux had to pack it in today (hurt her leg). :(

Gotta love FB and Twitter for quick info.

TrialsPaul
Writer
Writer

Post by TrialsPaul »

Look at the fun on this hillclimb.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iKxrH5N ... ture=share

I was informed Victoria Hett is @ 6:40 in the Viceo

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

reminds me of climbing Aircooled, which Gerry and I did last night...lol
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

LisO

Post by LisO »

Victoria Hett came in 9th overall according to unofficial results - http://www.fim-isde-live.info/

BUMP MX is so proud to sponsors this lady! If you ever get the chance to speak to her, she is such an advocate of the sport, and represents the best of the best in Canadian history.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

:sentimentalmoment:i so hoped that Jody M had tried an ISDE.
Huge props to Victoria. :thumbsup:
and anyone that can commit to leaving Canada to go compete with the world :applause:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DirtyBikes »

LisO wrote:Victoria Hett came in 9th overall according to unofficial results - http://www.fim-isde-live.info/

BUMP MX is so proud to sponsors this lady! If you ever get the chance to speak to her, she is such an advocate of the sport, and represents the best of the best in Canadian history.
Yes she is....an inspiration to a few riders I know that hadn't even ridden a dirt bike until they watched her ride.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

steve-o wrote:
Hendrix13 wrote:
Go team Team Quab-BC ???
quebec, alberta, bc
49th of 80 teams. :cheers:
Congrats on doing it. The rest of us will just dream about it...
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Spinalguy wrote:49th of 80 teams. :cheers:
Thanks Tom and all. We're quite happy with the 49th for a bunch of joe-schmoes. I'm quite happy with my placing too, was hoping for upper mid-pack silver medal performance but happy with my bronze and lower mid-pack in the competitive C2. When a Dakar stage winner and often a top 10 Dakar finisher Stefan Svitko is in your class among other pros that didn't make the trophy teams, its tough to stay close to them. :smirk: Lots was learned and for the future, lots of motorcross and grass track training. LOTS! Thats what killed my times overall. I did good on the technical Day 3 and 4 and made up some times there but was terrible in the 90% of the 40 special tests which were rutted grass tracks and motorcross. Another thing that changed last year is that the silver medal cutoff is now +25% of the winners time instead of +30% like in years past. That makes the silver medal even more valuable.

It was a fantastic event and gotta say, once you put on a Canada jersey, there is no quitting. Most of our riders did Canada proud by cleaning all the tough technical climbs while others floundered. It was very similar to what we ride here all the time. The climbs were lined with thousands of spectators and once a Canadian rider appeared, the crowds roared. Dunno why they did that, but gave us chills and energy to make up them. :canada: According to our support people who came to cheer us on on those hills said the crowds were quiet for other countries and the loudest cheers were reserved for Germany and Canada. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the support all, and I hope next year in Sardegna, Canada will send a Trophy Team and a Junior Trophy Team to kick some butt! We have amazing talent here in Canada and they can hang with the best in the world. I know it now. We were asked a number of times by the Americans and Aussies where was Prochnau and Graffunder etc... we had no answer.

For some good highlights, check out the ignition3 channel on youtube and few others like bummi667, digioffroad and ktm.

:cheers:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

markvfr wrote:
Spinalguy wrote:49th of 80 teams. :cheers:
Thanks Tom and all. We're quite happy with the 49th for a bunch of joe-schmoes. I'm quite happy with my placing too, was hoping for upper mid-pack silver medal performance but happy with my bronze and lower mid-pack in the competitive C2. When a Dakar stage winner and often a top 10 Dakar finisher Stefan Svitko is in your class among other pros that didn't make the trophy teams, its tough to stay close to them. :smirk: Lots was learned and for the future, lots of motorcross and grass track training. LOTS! Thats what killed my times overall. I did good on the technical Day 3 and 4 and made up some times there but was terrible in the 90% of the 40 special tests which were rutted grass tracks and motorcross. Another thing that changed last year is that the silver medal cutoff is now +25% of the winners time instead of +30% like in years past. That makes the silver medal even more valuable.

It was a fantastic event and gotta say, once you put on a Canada jersey, there is no quitting. Most of our riders did Canada proud by cleaning all the tough technical climbs while others floundered. It was very similar to what we ride here all the time. The climbs were lined with thousands of spectators and once a Canadian rider appeared, the crowds roared. Dunno why they did that, but gave us chills and energy to make up them. :canada: According to our support people who came to cheer us on on those hills said the crowds were quiet for other countries and the loudest cheers were reserved for Germany and Canada. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the support all, and I hope next year in Sardegna, Canada will send a Trophy Team and a Junior Trophy Team to kick some butt! We have amazing talent here in Canada and they can hang with the best in the world. I know it now. We were asked a number of times by the Americans and Aussies where was Prochnau and Graffunder etc... we had no answer.

For some good highlights, check out the ignition3 channel on youtube and few others like bummi667, digioffroad and ktm.

:cheers:
Outstanding Mark!! :nworthy: :applause: :applause: :applause: