2012 Crowsnest XC

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2012 Crowsnest XC

Post by thirtyseven »

Ever had a race plan that backfired? That was my Crowsnest race in a nutshell. I planned to take the first Pro A and Int loop nice and steady, riding clean and saving energy for the other loops... what really happened was this old man started daydreaming, watching the spectacular scenery and chatting withe the boys. Never did wick it up and missed the cutoff for the next loops. Guess what??? I had an absolutly awesome time! I grinned pretty much from start to finish just at the priveledge we have of riding in such awesome places, with such great people that put all the Kermaxx Alberta offroad series on. Really really cool stuff (great gang of eacers too)!

(sorry on my phone and the embed thing wont work with it)

**Moderator fixed embed thing with YouTubeID button.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

bcrowe
Writer
Writer

Re: 2012 Crowsnest XC

Post by bcrowe »

Great Vid. 37. Good job bro!

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Seriously awesome vid...looks like the race was primo...man, I wish...i so wish :crybaby:

Thanks for sharing bud :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Awesome video Howard. I forgot to mount my camera before the race start. That mine loop was incredible. That Erzberg section they added was an absolute blast. I can't wait to get back out and ride it again :applause:

At about 4:50 is where I crashed, bent my brake lever and broke my ribs. At the 13:00 mark is where I ripped my rad shroud off.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Dobi wrote:

At about 4:50 is where I crashed, bent my brake lever and broke my ribs. At the 13:00 mark is where I ripped my rad shroud off.

you need to slow down.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

steve-o wrote:
Dobi wrote:

you need to slow down.

or just rider faster...BigR once told me, the faster you go over that stuff the easier it is...which is very true. The second part of the advice was that when you do go down...well its gonna hurt :smirk: Gotta love the BigR true-isms.

Heal up Dobi :thumbsup:

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

MotorEd wrote:
steve-o wrote:
Dobi wrote:

you need to slow down.

or just rider faster...BigR once told me, the faster you go over that stuff the easier it is...which is very true. The second part of the advice was that when you do go down...well its gonna hurt :smirk: Gotta love the BigR true-isms.

Heal up Dobi :thumbsup:
Too True! :lol:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Check out the squid at 4:40 :blush:

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

That's the craziest loop that I've seen yet in our series. Thank god I didn't see it in person or I'd still be there. Honestly I'm glad I'll never race 'A'. That tour might be fun with a picnic basket and some beers with a few buddies and all day to complete it, but as the first of 3 loops? I'm amazed by those who did all 3 three loops. :nworthy:

I loved the rock fix at 0:32, I'll have to bring one of those to the cockpit next time you call for maintenance. Also the guy on the pipe at at 1:30 had me giggling. What did the guy say at 2:56 when you asked if he was all right? I couldn't make that out. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

twotired wrote:That's the craziest loop that I've seen yet in our series. Thank god I didn't see it in person or I'd still be there. Honestly I'm glad I'll never race 'A'. That tour might be fun with a picnic basket and some beers with a few buddies and all day to complete it, but as the first of 3 loops? I'm amazed by those who did all 3 three loops. :nworthy:

I loved the rock fix at 0:32, I'll have to bring one of those to the cockpit next time you call for maintenance. Also the guy on the pipe at at 1:30 had me giggling. What did the guy say at 2:56 when you asked if he was all right? I couldn't make that out. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
He said "got a flat", which happened to more than a few riders on that loop. I saw Matt Holmes tire after the race. I've never seen a tire look like that. It was brand new at the start of the race, and I would say 80 to 90 % of the knobs were sheared right off to the carcass, and the rest were just little shredded pieces. What ever that tire was...don't buy one! :lol:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

MtnBlue wrote:Check out the squid at 4:40 :blush:
Sorry I had to put that in there.... just one of the memories I wanted to save. I had a real feeling as we went around the corner at the bottom I was going to get around you there so I was giggling to myself when I saw you get squirrly!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

thirtyseven wrote:
Sorry I had to put that in there.... just one of the memories I wanted to save. I had a real feeling as we went around the corner at the bottom I was going to get around you there so I was giggling to myself when I saw you get squirrly!
Yep, a race I pretty much want to forget...

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Its called racing...at least you were there :thumbsup:

LID
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LID »

I was just pumped to finish. Would have been nice to look around at the cool scenery. Wicked spot to ride.
Mark Williams
2016 500EXC