Crowsnest XC 25th Anniversary

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Crowsnest XC 25th Anniversary

Post by MtnBlue »

steve-o wrote:
MtnBlue wrote:Everyone who moved up from 'B' to 'A' this year is really going to love this race :thumbsup:

Not really. I'll publicly announce right now to all you new comers and seasoned vets that there is absolutley NO SHAME in quitting early if you just can't finish . :smirk: :lol:
As Dobi mentioend above, once you got to the cliff it was all downhill from there...and down, and, down, and down. :lol:

shreder
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by shreder »

steve-o wrote:
MtnBlue wrote:Everyone who moved up from 'B' to 'A' this year is really going to love this race :thumbsup:

Not really. I'll publicly announce right now to all you new comers and seasoned vets that there is absolutley NO SHAME in quitting early if you just can't finish . :smirk: :lol:
Quittings not an option! I feel sorry for the sweepers already

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

shreder wrote:
steve-o wrote:

Quittings not an option! I feel sorry for the sweepers already
Darn you Shreder! I was looking to lay the footprint for an easy out for myself! Now I feel forced to finish! :D

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

Heated Grips are the key at this race! :D
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Here are the B loops from my GPS. Beautiful country... :canada:
Attachments
2012 Crowsnest XC B Loops.jpg

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

Whoa! The second loop for the 'B' riders was huge! So disappointed that I didn't get to ride it.

Do you have an actual distance on the second loop? I was told the first was around 30km but judging by my fuel consumption, I think it was shorter than that. Going by eye, it looks like the second loop was at least twice as long as the first.
#826A

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Grimlock wrote:Whoa! The second loop for the 'B' riders was huge! So disappointed that I didn't get to ride it.

Do you have an actual distance on the second loop? I was told the first was around 30km but judging by my fuel consumption, I think it was shorter than that. Going by eye, it looks like the second loop was at least twice as long as the first.
My GPS says the first loop was 21.2 km and the second was 45.8km. It felt longer than that. :)