VEGA H/S...July 28,29...Directions, course info

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: VEGA H/S...July 28,29...Directions, course info

Post by twotired »

Don't get loaded...
Jagermeister.jpg
...then ride your dirt bike!
stiff.jpg

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

This was a pivitol point in my race...
whiskey throttle.png

kennyblatz
Writer
Writer

Post by kennyblatz »

Turns out junior has a wide spread of talent as i placed mid pack but also got lapped but a couple of the riders (asuming they were juniors by the number colors). Anyway had a super fun race heres my race up till the rain.
http://contour.com/stories/vega-2012-ra ... gn=website

Quick question shortly into the video we get to the first bridge there is no other option that i can see a couple people ride past the line and aggresivly cut in. Is this common race practice? Im not very competitive so it seemed uncool to me but maybe thats racing.
2010 450 exc

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

kennyblatz wrote:Turns out junior has a wide spread of talent as i placed mid pack but also got lapped but a couple of the riders (asuming they were juniors by the number colors). Anyway had a super fun race heres my race up till the rain.
http://contour.com/stories/vega-2012-ra ... gn=website

Quick question shortly into the video we get to the first bridge there is no other option that i can see a couple people ride past the line and aggresivly cut in. Is this common race practice? Im not very competitive so it seemed uncool to me but maybe thats racing.
It happens at 8:30 into your video. :)
No, its not cool at all. In that particular area where a single bridge is used, you just wait your turn. Guys behind you mean they were slower than you getting there so cutting ahead at a traffic clog is not cool.
i have been in similar situations where i was running second and the first place guy tried to cut ahead of a group from a different class. We all yelled at him and made sure he waited his turn so he would not gain additional time on me as i waited my turn.
i am surprised no one did anything to stop them on your video. A few choice words works well. :lol:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Here's the second log bridge that Tab warned us about before the race. It was pouring rain when I got there.
Uphill slippery log bridge, or big hole hidden below the water to the left, or straight up bank to the right...take your pick!
log bridge.png

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

twotired wrote:This was a pivitol point in my race...
whiskey throttle.png
Hmmm. That view looks strangely familiar!

Pitched my bike four times just like that four times on the first lap alone! :D
#826A

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

kennyblatz wrote:Quick question shortly into the video we get to the first bridge there is no other option that i can see a couple people ride past the line and aggresivly cut in. Is this common race practice? Im not very competitive so it seemed uncool to me but maybe thats racing.
Hey Kenny. I enjoyed watching your race video during some spare time at work this afternoon. :) The guy pushing past you was Cole Wilton, I hope he reads this and feels shame :devil:. This is a part of racing unfortunately but not a huge deal. You can't really do much about it, especially after the fact. Spinalguy probably had the best solution, just yell profanities at him and hope you hurt his feelings :smirk:, although I'd love to see someone block a guy like this and maybe kick his bike over, but this isn't right either :excuse:. It's hard to sit and wait your turn when you're all amped up to race, but I'd feel like a real dipstick pushing past others like that. The good thing is that in the big picture the race is a couple hours long and the results more often than not won't be decided over such a short period of time, that's why it's best to keep your calm and get back on the throttle when the blockage is cleared. I noticed in your video that you passed him back around the 14+ minute mark when he messed up crossing some logs. :thumbsup: Also I heard he was one of the unfortunate individuals who got swamped in the water hole next to the second log bridge, and you placed seven spots ahead of him so...point proven.

In your video I saw that I was the slow 40B rider that you caught and passed at the 24+ minute mark. I heard you say something but couldn't tell what until I watched your video. "When you have time"...so polite to us old guys. :smirk: I pulled to the right where there were two lines and stopped expecting you to take the left line, then moved ahead when I saw that wasn't working and you passed saying "thankyou". Dirtyboy showed us that a great way to let others know you're there and waiting to pass is an emphatic "WooHoo!". :dblthumb:

I like the contour HD, the colours seem brighter with less white 'haze' than the GoPro. Thanks for sharing.

timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by timbruce »

"and feels shame". That is Karma!! :lol: