CEC Format?

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

CEC Format?

Post by Bark »

Hi,

I'm contemplating going to the AB round of the CEC in a couple weeks. I can't think of a reason why I wouldn't go.

I understand the format is different than a standard CMRC/CMA HS or XC. How different is it?

TIA,
Aaron

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CEC Format?

Post by DirtyBikes »

Great question

Basically the CEC format is a multi loop enduro that is made up of liason (transfer) trails and special tests. The tests are the Extreme, Cross and Enduro. Each test is scored to the half second electronically and the liason trails are not scored but rather you are gived a time limit to start and complete a loop and than start your next.

Each rider is given a start minute and there are usually 3 riders per minute. You will also be provide a start time for each loop which will be your original start minute plus the time the organizer feels you should be able to complete a loop with some rest time before you start your next.

For example

Lets say Clint determines a loop at Crowsnest will be 90 mins. You get start minute 3 and the race starts at 10am. And say Clint determines your class will do 3 laps. Than your lap start times are

10:03am
11:33am
1:03pm

Should you not start a lap on time than you will receive penalty time added to your tests scores. And the penalty is equal to the lateness of your start (ie if you started lap 2 at 11:35 you will get 120seconds added to your test scores).....DON'T BE LATE!!

So to summarize....multi loops (number determined by each organizer), time limit per loop (set by each organizer and usually the same for all classes), transfer trails between test not scored, 3 tests per loop (Extreme, Cross and Enduro) and each test is e-scored and those scores determine your placement

It is actually very easy format to figure out....trail ride the transfer trails (ie don't race), pin it in the test sections and don't be late for each lap start