2012 CEC Vernon

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Re: 2012 CEC Vernon

Post by steve-o »

thirtyseven wrote:the clowns that put words (ideas) into your mouth have one thing in common.... a distinct lack of basic communication skills in their mother tongue.
This sure is the pot calling the kettle black.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

steve-o wrote:
thirtyseven wrote:the clowns that put words (ideas) into your mouth have one thing in common.... a distinct lack of basic communication skills in their mother tongue.
This sure is the pot calling the kettle black.
:D
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Dude
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Dude »

B.s............ 37. it is very clear he was referring to the porkies race. :lol:
Last edited by Dude on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Dude wrote:B.s............ 37. it is very clear he was referring to the porkies race.
Na, by Quoting Dobi, (twice) and by including it in the reference to the 6.5 hr drive to the CEC.... its obvious what twitch is refering to... The comment about Porkies being a first race was just to give some context to his general knowledge level... You should have known :)
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Dude
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Dude »

37, you should stick to driving your bus. :redneck:
1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Wowser. Thanks for the passion. I made the investment to travel East back in 2009 and witnessed the passion of the guys running the CEC. It is a great event and I have loved all of them up until last years sun peaks event. Calling it a gong show is being polite. The Vernon crew that is putting on the event this year is a solid group of guys, whom I have met and raced with. I am sure that this years event is going to kick butt. The fact that they've started building the extreme test already has them a month ahead of last years planning.

I have been a part of putting on races here in Alberta for years and know how hard it is to put a good event on with a strong group of volunteers to help. I rarely diss a race, but last years event was nowhere near the event the organizer personally told me it would be.

Go to Vernon. The trail system is sweet. The Facebook page for the event shows all the work going into it.

John your event is always first class

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DirtyBikes »

twitch13 wrote:
Dobi wrote:Thanks for the update Zeal. After last years event I was saddened that the high calibre event had been turned into a low budget gong show. I know the area they plan to use has some nice single track and good elevation to it so I am sure they have a great loop set up.
Hey Dobi, I'm a newbie racer (just had my first race at Porkies HS). Low budget gong show? Is this race worth the long 6.5 hr drive?
Amazing what couple of these "(" and a "?" will do to a paragraph. LOL

:cheers:

As for 2011 BC CEC, WEC took a chance on a new organizer who was very eager to give it a shot...just like when racing the CEC, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. 2011 BC CEC was one of those bad days for WEC. Stuff happens. They took a chance and lost. I think the 2012 BC event will be stellar.

As Dobi said, go to the Vernon MC club Facebook page and checkout the progress of the event. The MX test looks awesome!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=h_chr#!/gro ... 129495280/

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

DirtyBikes wrote:
twitch13 wrote:
Dobi wrote:Thanks for the update Zeal. After last years event I was saddened that the high calibre event had been turned into a low budget gong show. I know the area they plan to use has some nice single track and good elevation to it so I am sure they have a great loop set up.
Hey Dobi, I'm a newbie racer (just had my first race at Porkies HS). Low budget gong show? Is this race worth the long 6.5 hr drive?
Amazing what couple of these "(" and a "?" will do to a paragraph. LOL

:cheers:
:lol: :thumbsup:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Hopefully they clear this minor hiccup on hwy 97A south of Sicamous before the CEC in a few weeks. :crazy:
sicamous.jpg

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

markvfr wrote:Hopefully they clear this minor hiccup on hwy 97A south of Sicamous before the CEC in a few weeks. :crazy:
sicamous.jpg
no doubt, but you can always go 97b through salmon arm and then drop down to enderby. Hungy Jacks has great burger's in enderby it's a must do!!!

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Just got back from Vancover. Hwy1 was closed between Revelstoke and Salmon Arm. Had to take a couple of ferries to get to revelstoke. Extended our drive home by 16hrs. Unblevable how high the rivers are. :eek:
#Z3B

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DirtyBikes »

For those of us who can't make it out to a CEC race WEC will be tweeting updates on Twitter.

URL: http://www.twitter.com/worldenduro

Twitter account: @worldenduro

twitch13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by twitch13 »

Hey Dobi and Dirtybikes thanks for the updates on the CEC last year as well as the event this year. My understanding on this event (The CEC Enduro Vernon) that you start your own time on both days and you are rated on your time on the special sections. Do you get knocked out of the race if your time is too slow after the first day? If you don't get knocked out does anyone have any insight on how long the race typically runs on both days? I just wanted to plan if I should stay only Saturday night and would have enough time to drive back to Calgary Sunday. Or should I plan for a late day Sunday and come back early Monday?

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

twitch13 wrote:Hey Dobi and Dirtybikes thanks for the updates on the CEC last year as well as the event this year. My understanding on this event (The CEC Enduro Vernon) that you start your own time on both days and you are rated on your time on the special sections. Do you get knocked out of the race if your time is too slow after the first day? If you don't get knocked out does anyone have any insight on how long the race typically runs on both days? I just wanted to plan if I should stay only Saturday night and would have enough time to drive back to Calgary Sunday. Or should I plan for a late day Sunday and come back early Monday?
Plan for a sunday departure. there is no 'knock out'. it's all time based and then your standing are based upon yours and your peers times. amatuers will do 2 laps of the course and pro's will do three. I have been in touch with travis and the course will be 48 km's total with 36 km's of trail and 12 km's of raod trasnfer. from his description it will be great!

have fun, see you there.

DirtyBikes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DirtyBikes »

Technically there is a knock out as there will be a limit to how late a rider can be to start a lap. It is called "houring out" but the organizer will set a limit they feel is right for their event. For example in Parry Sound I set the limit to be 45mins. Which means a rider could not be a total of more than 45 minutes later than original start minute.

So if you started at 10:03am (minute 3) you could not start later than minute 48 at anytime during the race.

Given you are doing just two laps you would have to have a bike break down to "hour out" so I wouldn't worry about it.