Porkies HS

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Porkies HS

Post by dirtyboy »

rocky mountain racer wrote:Hi everyone. Had some inquiries about the race being canceled due to rain showers in forecast. THE RACE WILL RUN RAIN OR SHINE. Have a great route picked out which will work wet or dry and is around 23 kilometers long. I just ask everyone who pre rides the course to only go around once, not 5 times, to keep conditions at a premium. See everyone there, John. :thumbsup:

WooHoo!! Thanks for posting rocky mountain racer !!

twitch13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by twitch13 »

I am going to try my first race this weekend, but I am not a registered racer with ADRA. My plan was to register when I got to the race on Sunday morning. Do I need to bring my own numbers for the race? They mention that they will provide me with a temp number but I'm guessing they don't actually have the stickers there. I pretty much have all the riding gear and a small tool kit at this time, but if anyone has any "race" insight as to if there is anything special I should be bringing to the race feedback would be appreciated.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

twitch13 wrote:I am going to try my first race this weekend, but I am not a registered racer with ADRA. My plan was to register when I got to the race on Sunday morning. Do I need to bring my own numbers for the race? They mention that they will provide me with a temp number but I'm guessing they don't actually have the stickers there. I pretty much have all the riding gear and a small tool kit at this time, but if anyone has any "race" insight as to if there is anything special I should be bringing to the race feedback would be appreciated.
other than the usual, nothing much... the porkies HS is a fun fun race, but it can get a little slick if wet.... this weekend is one of those times you will want GOOD rubber just incase it starts sprinkling!!!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

bring ibuprophen, beer, and something to eat.

twitch13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by twitch13 »

Great guys! Thanks for the advice.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

twitch13 wrote:I am going to try my first race this weekend, but I am not a registered racer with ADRA. My plan was to register when I got to the race on Sunday morning. Do I need to bring my own numbers for the race? They mention that they will provide me with a temp number but I'm guessing they don't actually have the stickers there. I pretty much have all the riding gear and a small tool kit at this time, but if anyone has any "race" insight as to if there is anything special I should be bringing to the race feedback would be appreciated.
What class you race in will determine what colour your #'s will be. So if you are racing Junior just bring some red duct tape and make a # or you could do it ahead of time. The rules say they will issue you a number, but just pick something that isn't common ( ie not 1 through 20, or common # like 999. etc). Go for something offbeat or weird...like 37, oh wait that one is in use :D

twitch13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by twitch13 »

MtnBlue wrote: What class you race in will determine what colour your #'s will be. So if you are racing Junior just bring some red duct tape and make a # or you could do it ahead of time. The rules say they will issue you a number, but just pick something that isn't common ( ie not 1 through 20, or common # like 999. etc). Go for something offbeat or weird...like 37, oh wait that one is in use :D
Thanks, MtnBlue. Cheap and easy works for me!!

Brenan225
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Brenan225 »

For anyone that knows Scott and Lori Randal - their son Chase broke his femur at Porkies this afternoon. I believe he is recovering at the Lethbridge hospital. He hit a rock hidden in the tall grass.
Resist, Insist,and Persist

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Very sorry to hear that Sean. I hope all is well as that has the potential to be very serious.

All my best to the family.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Another great race! Adapted to conditions is was challenging in some places but all fun.... Racing in alberta is awesome!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Was allot of fun, I enjoyed the challenge. I have a ton to learn about riding in the slippery conditions! It seems like the most consistent advice I get is to go faster. Will have to try that sometime.

Cheers,
Aaron

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

retracted...sorry :(
Last edited by twotired on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Awesome Vid TT :applause:

You made it look easy!

That was a challenging race, just getting to the end in one piece was a win for me!
The voices are back. Awesome!

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

TT,great vid. I was really cheering for ya. Pass those guys :applause:
#Z3B

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member