Christie Mines HS

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Christie Mines HS

Post by 350scott »

porschev wrote:What made it even better was 350sandbagger wasn't there to mess with my day!
Who is this 350sandbagger guy you speak of? Kinda sounds like a "Donkey".
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

porschev
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by porschev »

porschev wrote:That was a blast,

What made it even better was 350sandbagger wasn't there to mess with my day!

At the last race he pulled up be side me to cheer me on "way to Dal keep going buddy" this was only about 15 minutes in, it just crushed me! I rode the rest of the race thinking I must really suck these guys are already lapping me and we just started! lol

I should add - the above had absolutely no bearing on my results! Those are because I suck or as I choose to look at it - A clear reflection of those lazy b#^tards I ride with not pushing me to be all I can be!!! :smirk:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

porschev wrote:
I should add - the above had absolutely no bearing on my results! Those are because I suck or as I choose to look at it - A clear reflection of those lazy b#^tards I ride with not pushing me to be all I can be!!! :smirk:
Let's go for a ride. I have a 40km loop that will make you a better rider. You have to take all the sharp and pointy objects out of your tool kit before we start though. :D

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Dobi wrote:Let's go for a ride. I have a 40km loop that will make you a better rider. You have to take all the sharp and pointy objects out of your tool kit before we start though. :D
you need to take me on said loop as well :blush:

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

I had a blast yesterday, too! Really fun ride!

As I've widely publicized I have a heck of time tuning it up a notch when speed is required. I had a plan to increase my compression damping a smidge as I usually have it turned practically off to make it plush for the gnarly stuff, thinking this would be a speed course. After consulting with dirtyboy and Brass, I used the comfort settings from the manual. Great advice, the bike felt really nimble, planted, secure, confidence inspiring.

I actually hit forth gear in the bush! I wasn't wide open but that is a major, major win for me! I honestly don't think I've ever been faster. I'm sure that I still brought up the rear but that was a major step forward for me.

My regret was forgetting Steve-o's advice from last years Crowsnest. He said something like never take the easy way out when there's 5 minutes to cut off. There was 5 minutes left for me so I pulled off the course as I had started making some mistakes, etc. Next time, I'll keep going!

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

one of the better H/S's I've ever attended, great course, all new with the exception of 500-700 meters or so, perfect conditions.

props to Doug and Trish. Look forward to it next year!

kennyblatz
Writer
Writer

Post by kennyblatz »

well heres my start, bike didnt start right away and i pulled off in last gained 2 spots then dumped it on a log which sucks i have been practicing logs and hitting as many as possable on trails. would have been a quick get up but the seat popped off luckly a sweeper had a 8mm as i decided tools were not needed for the first time (in a race).

i decided to ride 80 % and pay attention to better smoother lines after that.

video...... first 3 minutes other videos to fallow.

http://contour.com/stories/start-of-201 ... es-race--2
2010 450 exc

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Nice vid. And that was on a street legal bike? Everyone was pretty close together in that race. :crazy:

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

That looked like a nice race. Can I offer up a little critique? You gotta tilt that camera up a bit, I kept trying to look further down the trail with no success :crazy: . Did your stuff show up yet?
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

kennyblatz
Writer
Writer

Post by kennyblatz »

Yes bike is street legal but i put a number plate on so i dont smash my hid x2.
Giantjoe yes i realize the cam needs to be up a bit, im not sure why sound isnt working, got the gear yesterday

heres the rest of the lap if anyone wants to see

http://contour.com/stories/christie-mines-part-2-of-3
2010 450 exc

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Here is what my race looked like from my perspective.