The 2012 season is here.....

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: The 2012 season is here.....

Post by 350scott »

axel99 wrote:It takes alot of skill to ride backwards :lol:
Thank you. Finally someone who appreciates my genius.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

350scott wrote:
axel99 wrote:It takes alot of skill to ride backwards :lol:
Thank you. Finally someone who appreciates my genius.
Not so much a genius as a Savant
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Well it actually turned out to be a great race. Clint put a lot of work into the endurocross track this year, and the difficulty level was up there. It was great to see almost all of the familiar faces, and some new ones. I'm curious what Primerib and Brass thought of this race. I was going to try to get some video of the race, but my camera had other plans. I believe I lost it at the bottom of the steep hill before the first ( deep!) river crossing. Glad I didn't spend $400 on a go pro now.

Next week is porkies, which should be awesome. The forecast looks good, and I can do without the bath I got there last year, when it rained about 2" in About an hour.

See you out there!

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

AJRJ wrote:Well it actually turned out to be a great race. Clint put a lot of work into the endurocross track this year, and the difficulty level was up there. It was great to see almost all of the familiar faces, and some new ones. I'm curious what Primerib and Brass thought of this race. I was going to try to get some video of the race, but my camera had other plans. I believe I lost it at the bottom of the steep hill before the first ( deep!) river crossing. Glad I didn't spend $400 on a go pro now.

Next week is porkies, which should be awesome. The forecast looks good, and I can do without the bath I got there last year, when it rained about 2" in About an hour.

See you out there!
I really enjoyed this race, although I wish my outcome was better, but it was the learning curve that was my primary objective......and to finish which I did. I crashed hard quite a few times, never felt I recovered fully but these are all lessons learned that should help me in the long run. I know Tom was probably top 2 in our class....he looked so good on the berg.

You looked smooth as butta (and fast) when I seen you near the end of the race......well done! My right hand and shoulder took the brunt of my errors but I should still see you at porkies this weekend boss!
CR250R

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

AJRJ wrote:Well it actually turned out to be a great race. Clint put a lot of work into the endurocross track this year, and the difficulty level was up there. It was great to see almost all of the familiar faces, and some new ones. I'm curious what Primerib and Brass thought of this race. I was going to try to get some video of the race, but my camera had other plans. I believe I lost it at the bottom of the steep hill before the first ( deep!) river crossing. Glad I didn't spend $400 on a go pro now.

See you out there!
Great race! It was fun, though I did find it difficult, mostly due to my lack of skill and endurance.

A highlight for me was on the parade lap, being passed by a junior going up the hill that crossed the road, he jumped passed me, clearing the road and face of the hill, landing on the top. I drove up the hill, crossed the road, up the other side and on the top. His way, much faster, my way, I was able to walk into work this morning.

See you at Porkies
:thumbsup:
The voices are back. Awesome!

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

That's awesome you guys both plan to come to porkies. Rivieres course is tough, if you finish without killing yourself or your bike, you're doing well.

Now you get to experience navigation. Here's a couple tips I learned ( and still screw up) the hard way: never trust the guy in front of you, and never EVER trust the guy in front of you if it's me! :D

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

AJRJ wrote:Here's a couple tips I learned ( and still screw up) the hard way: never trust the guy in front of you, and never EVER trust the guy in front of you if it's me! :D
This is not true if it's me. :blush:
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I think what AJRJ is trying to say is to follow the flagging that marks the course and not the guy in front of you. :D

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

primerib72 wrote:

See you out there!
I really enjoyed this race, although I wish my outcome was better, but it was the learning curve that was my primary objective......and to finish which I did. I crashed hard quite a few times, never felt I recovered fully but these are all lessons learned that should help me in the long run. I know Tom was probably top 2 in our class....he looked so good on the berg.

You looked smooth as butta (and fast) when I seen you near the end of the race......well done! My right hand and shoulder took the brunt of my errors but I should still see you at porkies this weekend boss!
First race pacing is tough. You did awesome :thumbsup:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

The lap details are up on the ADRA for Porkies....

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

AJRJ wrote:The lap details are up on the ADRA for Porkies....
Cool. I can check them against my own lap time information for Pincher Creek.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Well, those numbers just prove what I already kne :applause: w... I am certainly not ready for this season.... :D wahooo, lets go boys and girls!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

dirtyboy wrote:
AJRJ wrote:The lap details are up on the ADRA for Porkies....
Cool. I can check them against my own lap time information for Pincher Creek.
LOL. Those pictures of snow have me thinking Porkies.. :D