2012 WEC

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2012 WEC

Post by dirtyboy »

This new information was released today. Big changes for the WEC this year:

For Immediate Release – Mar 29, 2012

World Enduro Canada is excited to announce a major change to the Canadian offroad motorcycling landscape. After listening to input from our riders, sponsors and fans we have decided to shake things up in 2012. WEC has always been focused on developing fast Canadian offroad motorcycle racers. We want to see our Canadian riders take their rightful place on the World stage.

For the last three years the Royal Distributing Canadian Enduro Championship has been very successful in developing better riders from beginner all the way to the Pro level. One question that is always a hot topic of discussion is what type of racing is the best for creating faster riders. Special test format Enduro racing has been proven successful around the world at developing fast riders but many will argue that the bar to bar action of Cross Country racing makes for a faster rider. In 2012 WEC is going to combine both of these excellent forms of competition into a single National Championship “The Royal Distributing Canadian National Offroad Championship”! This new National Championship will combine the best elements of Enduro with Cross Country and make for an exciting series groundbreaking series.

Will KTM’s Bobby Prochnau be able to hold onto his #1 plate? Will the format give Yamaha’s Brian Wojnarowski, Honda’s Jason Schrage or Husaberg’s Ben Rego the edge they need to get a #1 plate? Or is this the year for KTM’s Geoff Nelson or well known MX hot shot, KTM’s Josh Long, to take the overall prize? Which amateur riders will rise to the top? Lots of questions and by September we will have the answers!!

The series will consist of six rounds. It begins in Western Canada with the Royal Distributing Canadian Enduro Championship two back to back days of special test Enduro competition in Vernon, BC hosted by the Vernon Off Road Motorcycle Club. The following weekend in Blairmore, AB Clint Riviere’s Full Gas Crew will host another two days of Enduro racing. At the conclusion of this Western swing the Canadian Enduro Champions will be declared in all classes.

In September we head East for the Royal Distributing Canadian Cross Country Championship. The first event will hosted by the FMSQ at the famous Ormstown, Quebec venue. The Grand Finale will be a Cross Country race in Ontario the very next weekend at historic Motopark in Chatsworth where we will crown the Canadian Cross Country Champions in all classes.

All six days of competition will pay points towards the Royal Distributing Canadian National Offroad Championship. This number one plate will have special significance because it will be earned through competition in multiple disciplines of Offroad racing.

All the details for these events, the classes and points structure will be posted on our site http://www.worldendurocanada.com in the coming weeks. Please keep checking the site for regular updates.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2012 WEC

Post by thirtyseven »

Does this mean both eastern rounds are X/Cs, I'd love to see the xc in blairmore!!!!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I think that a XC for World Enduro Canada is like they do in ON and PQ. It is on a closed circuit course much like a WORCs race. Kind of like putting a XC race on at Blackfoot MX track.

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

Dirtyboy, I don't think I'd really compare them to a WORCS race. We rode the enduro last year at Motopark and I think the plan is more like a GNCC, where the majority of mileage being in the bush. THe track is cool anyway :). Moose could tell you what Ormstown is like, I believe he raced that event in 07, and I would guess it to be like our hare scrambles. Its different terminology 'back east' as they say XC, we say HS.

I just mean to clarify, as they are making adjustments in the eastern rounds to improve attentdance and make it financially viable for organisers. The western rounds are super strong in every respect.

who is all going east?

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

If we held the X/C's out here the Eastern guys would never come back...... :blush:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Thanks to fryguy and the rest I think I have the basic idea. I haven't done a WORCS or GNCC, however what I was trying to get at was that it was called a XC and it was multiple laps and it had a Moto track in it (probably). Like fryguy said, it's called a XC but like what we call a HS. Maybe we could hold one like that at St. Francis? That is what I would envision it to be like. Any similarities?